10/10/2009

Baffled and Wowed: Respect Series, Part 1

I tell you, it's like treating people with respect is like out of style or something.



When we meet new people, do we sum up their whole character in a matter of minutes? The very essence of someone ANYONE is not one dimensional. They may carry certain behaviors or circumstances. However, this does not give you the right to write their script like they are characters in a play starring you. Most people are caught off guard by me. I carry with me certain things that this society deems as lowly. Usually when this society tells us how to think, most people follow suit without even knowing. Along with these "lowly" things comes certain characteristics that are placed on you even if they are not of you. So people usually approach me like my whole being is lined up with the characteristics "the man" told them embody me. You claim that you are open minded and are not one to judge but you look down on others that have made some decisions that don't line up with the script you drafted up for them. I've said this before and I will say it again. Because of my humble spirit I am able to see or at least try to see others in their entirety. Because of how I've been treated, I take the whole of a person. I don't try to nick pick what I want off of their spirit tree and then leave the rest to suffer my judgement. I won't see that they are a single parent and write them off as an irresponsible person on first glance. I won't see that they are ex-felon and cut them off at the pass. I won't see them as an asshole who is screaming for attention from one person even though the whole room is screaming their name, and cut them off. I won't even look at myself and try to sum myself up in one glance. This is a fight I'm carrying out within myself. To cut one self off or write someone off is to throw something that could have been a beautiful enlightenment to your path. We have this life, we do with it as we like by using our environment, past, present state, experiences to light our way. Yes, I see the baggage people carry around. Yes, I see the choices that they have made that may have not been in their best interest. Yes, I see the wall people put up trying to protect their spirit. I also see those that are not in tune with their own baggage, choices and walls. These are the folks I'm afraid of. Just think. They have no idea of what they are carrying around or how it even got there. The choices that they have made in their minds is probably someone else's fault. And the walls they put up are not even there if you ask them. This person is lethal. They don't know it. They have given themselves the ability to cause harm to others and live through it quietly because they lack that one thing we all must have empathy. Well, honey I'm loaded with it. Because I can't help it.



Again, I say to myself, "You can't expect people to be, think, react like Joy; there is only one Joy, they know not what they do. Why? They don't see you. When will they see you? When they get a good glance of self."




You must be thinking. Where did all this come from today? Well, someone crossed me and I'm not even sure they know or even care. I will confront them about it because that is a vow I made to myself. Let folk know when they hurt you, no matter who they are. But, I have an idea that this person knows how it made me feel. Why? Get this..even though this person is an asshole on so many levels I still see that they are smart even if their degree is in making others feel lowly. For that they will be dealt with accordingly, because my spirit, my essence matters. And they will hear me. I never knew the lengths folks will take just to keep their egos on front street as if it's the only thing that matters. Well, maybe it does matter, but not in this play.....starring ME.



Thank you Trav..you woke me up out of this "thing" we call negativity...now I speak.




3 people feelin' some type of way:

TRAV said...

All I can say is 'WOW'...I'm so glad that you decided to stand & DEMAND your respect. This makes me smile...You have NO idea how you have confirmed a few things within me today. Thank you so very much! And continue to assert your worth and stand in YOUR light! MUAH!

As the Budda Flows said...

girl i really do admire your strength and i hope the folks that wrong u kno they are messing with a heck ova woman.

BE Lauriette said...

Trav..thank you. I was really down and out today. Your videos really validated some things I was already feeling inside. Felt good hearing you say it. Know that your spirit is so appreciated. *smooches*


Lykebudda: Thank you so much for taking the time to read my words. I really appreciate it. People don't know what they are doing half the time.