
LMAO..funny stuff right?!
Dorothy didn't know her strength to get her all the things she needed. Yes, Glinda could have just told her right off the bat. "Dorothy click your heels 3 times." But, I'm certain she would not have believed her ability because she felt the obstacle before her required more effort. She believed with her whole being that someone other than herself had to get her home. Also, Dorothy believed she needed to get home by ways her mind could imagine. Many times the answers to how we get to a certain level is not in the traditional ways. No one could have changed her mind no matter how many times they tried. Like me...
Due to society's views, judgments, and ideas, I felt I needed to be a certain status in order to be accepted. With this acceptance I felt people would see me, the real me instead of my circumstances. Even though we won't listen, God sends little messengers of all kinds to warn us not to take unnecessary journeys. Let's look at Dorothy for a minute. This girl walked the yellow brick road in the very vehicle she needed to get home. But, without faith and the belief in her own ability, the vehicle was useless. Along her journey to search for the Wizard, all those that graced her path were influenced positively. Still she was oblivious to her own ability to help herself. I believe true unveiling enlightenment comes in a tired spirit. You go all around the world trying to get others to help you do something that you had the ability to overcome the whole time. That can be tiring. In that worn out state, the aha moment is birthed in your conscious. And mine was birthed this way.
I don't need the paper to validate my marital status. I'm free. When God helped me get this apartment away from my husband, the battle was won. But, I continued to fight this man for legal documents that I never needed to take control of my life. I don't need designer clothes to define my worth in this world. No designer on this earth can tell the story of my life better than I can. I don't need a man to make me happy. I have the ability to create my own happy space. And I've learned so much more. HA! God is good. He sends messengers. We don't listen. He watches over us as we go on these journeys of self discovery. He is right there with us, protecting us. Once we realize that we've been sitting on the answers the whole time, He helps us understand the new found freedoms. Now, I won't say that "the Dorothy Syndrome" will never plague my life again. However, my feet are tired of these unnecessary journeys tread. I can only hope that from now on I will be able to pinpoint the lies, scams, and the misleading tales society tries to sell. Don't buy into them fam.
Maya Angelou says, "If someone shows you who they are, Believe them"
True indeed. And to add to that if I may...
Joy says, "If someone tries to convince you that you are worthless, don't believe them"
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11BQQvVy8LI

6 people feelin' some type of way:
That video was HILARIOUS!!! He looked like a damn monkey with a wig on. *ctfu*
Um, why was I concerned about that pie on it's way to falling off the fork? Oy vey...I need help. LOL
You're right though...many times we search for outside validation for the things that lie beneath our own selves. I also realized that the truth is very plain and simple...it's us that complicates things by wanting life to go EXACTLY how we see it in our heads. We don't remember at times that the pain, leads to savored joy...that without that pain, we don't understand nor appreciate the true happiness God holds for us.
Great blog and parable. :D Love that you're growing in leaps and bounds. LOVE you sis!
Yeah girl, we refuse to let go of the wheel sometimes. We have to make it go down our way. And Carswani is a mess girl..LOL too funny. Thanks Kiwi! Thanks so much for reading and commenting.
ROFLMAOOOOO at that Video..your a mess for posting that with this Blog..I can't stop laughing at that fool..I showed everybody in the office that video...BUT its true and I can't do anything but agree to everything you have said in this post and with Key...I have been guilty of this so many times and I am sure somewhere in my life now I am still doing it..We are all work in progress learning lessons in each class of experience we take in this world
LMAOOO...girl, I had to..He is too much. But, he got me to thanking...lol Make sure you subscribe to his channel. He always has an interesting take on life. But yes girl, we should be so tired of all the unnecessary journeys we take. We gon learn one of these days. Thanks so much for reading and commenting. :)
Thank you for the words of wisdom. You are such a GEM..Love You like Cooked Food!!!
Awww..thanks Danielle. Love you too like Aldo shoes..lol
Post a Comment