4/06/2010

I want my OWN man..2009 Edition






*I wrote this awhile ago (April 2009), and I will have to upgrade this because like everything my wants have changed..LOL*



Now, keep in mind Aunt Flo is in town. And this heffa just got here and she already got me thinking some crazy ish. Or is she?



Due to current events in my life and the beautiful weekend (Hey Kiwi!); this idea popped into my mind. While browsing old high school sweet heart facebook pages, I came across the wedding pics. I look at the body language speaking contentment and peace coming from them. And, this dawned on me. I've never had a man of my own.



Ummmm..Joy, how can this be? You have three beautiful children from three very different relationships. Yes, I understand this. But, they were not mine. I did not consume any part of their being. The being that I refer to is their mind. I've never really entered a man's mind. The part of his mind that keeps things concerning me in the forefront and not in the back where I could get lost in the shuffle. Instead these are the main reasons they spent time with me: I was a pit stop to better things, wanted the quick ride, to boost their rep or self image, they wanted to flaunt me like a trophy, they wanted me to provide for them and/or because they felt sorry for me. Bottom line is that they ALL and I mean ALL wanted something from me BUT they were not mine. They were there for the taking... feel me?! And, any thing and anyone could have rolled up and killed the so-called bond. Once the well ran dry (whatever they were there to attain) they were out with the tide. Some how I find a way to replenish myself only to allow another to drain me again...a vicious cycle.



Yes, I want my OWN man..and I want to own a space in his mind. A space that has my name on it and no trivial problem or issue can wipe it away.

4 people feelin' some type of way:

Thee_Kween said...

This is a very real thing sis. It's all I've ever wanted...was for a man to THINK about me. For a man to consider me in the midst of everyday life.

I know your wants have changed, but does this capture it?

i want my own man...
with my own place...
in his own mind...
not the boys
the girls
the things of the world
can swipe clean
i want my own...
to make me his own...
to give me first thought
and not last priority...
to allow me authority
over the tickings of the space
between whispers and lies
i want my own man
to own his thoughts of me
so, when...
he's tempted...MY voice echoes
when he's tired...MY arms are where he lies
when life is a finger of blame
a burden on shoulders
a scoff at his dreams...
~i~
come to mind...

love, kiwi

BE Lauriette said...

KIWI!!!!!!!!!!

GET
OUT
MY
HEAD!!!

You are giving me Joy's true desires 2009 style. I love it and I love you! You be seeing me and stuff.

(((((((HUG))))))

Thee_Kween said...

lol, you're a mess...

love you back :)

Curtis said...

Pull up recliner chair. I have a place perfect for you