5/23/2010

SiSTARS of the CITY!


I can't even put into words the fun and relaxation that was had this weekend. Growing up I always felt alone because I'm the only child from my mother's side. And I used to beg my mother to give me a brother or a sister constantly. I didn't understand why she wouldn't give me one then..but I understand now. I swear I don't hold it against her..lol I had friends, but I always wanted a sibling that HAD to love me because we were family. I just wanted that connection with someone that understood my experience because they were with me from the beginning. However, here in my 30's I've learned that having sistas that are not blood related is a wonderful feeling. We are connected not because we have to be but because we want to be. And that is a beautiful thing. And the more we share in time and love we learn so much about each other. And we still choose to love each other in spite of the past and present. Our personality differences are so refreshing. I love to see us all together; our personalities mesh like a beautiful melody. We don't always agree. BUT, the respect we have for one another is unwavering. Can't get any better than that.



If you have siblings, don't forget how blessed you are to have someone there to walk with you in your life experience. Please don't take them for granted. I understand that all siblings don't always grow up and get along. But, there is always someone there to have your back even if you don't like them most of the time. I'm embracing my blessings. When I was little I felt lonely, but now I have so many sistas in my corner. Love you ladies!



Check the pics from this wonderful weekend!



















1 people feelin' some type of way:

Thee_Kween said...

I had a wonderful time. I DO have a blood sibling who I love more than life...yet, I am SO blessed to have you, Starr, G-Tonia, Rachael, Danielle, N'Tirzah for newfound sisters. I am sure this circle will grow...for we have so much love to share!

Thank you for the wonderful blessing of just being YOU! ((((HUGS))))