7/11/2010

My Day in Living Color..


Describing this day after letting some time pass will reap a much different effect had I blogged it sooner. But, here I am to document "my day in living color".


Even though, every year my birthday comes around it seems people are on hard times, something big comes up for someone else, or maybe they just didn't give a ****, I woke up feeling content. So, I down play it so when no one shows up I don't get too hurt. The love I received on Friday, July 9, 2010 A.D. was overwhelmingly heartfelt. I could feel the love on facebook walls, through text messages, BBM blast statuses, tweet love and phone calls. What can I say my people showed up on my b'day.


I had my morning model session. Got all done up and snapped shot after shot. Check some of them out.


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket





A dear friend took me to lunch to a very elegant restaurant that I'd never had the pleasure of visiting. Many times I passed by there wondering what it was like inside. Well, not only did I get to see the inside, but I was surprised with my own personal red velvet cake. The waiters sang happy birthday to me. And there I was blushing. I didn't need my blush for my already red cheeks :)




This red velvet cake was DELICIOUS! The icing made me weak. It made me keep coming back after I'd said I was done. Yep, I destroyed it!!!



Photobucket


I made my way home and sat there on my couch soaking up the moment. Later on that night, I went to Billie's Black. There I met up with my beautiful sistars. One of them was already a lil saucy wit it..LOL Can you guess which one?


Photobucket

The show was AWESOME! It seemed Kashan gave me exactly what I needed. I loved his style. So mellow and laid back. His music felt so good to me. And then the water works. He sang happy birthday to me and yep, made me cry. I may get into what made me cry in another bloggie. Caprice gave me a beautiful butterfly card. And I love it!!!



Photobucket



Photobucket

Chocolate martini after martini made me feel a little frisky.



Photobucket

At the end of the day, my day was in living color. And I thank all that were a part of making me smile. I will never forget it.

3 people feelin' some type of way:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, girl, that brother there could be MY chocolate martini!!! LOL...I am so happy you had a great day. So many MANY people say, I'm just getting older, it's just another day. But, you know what I say? Celebrate every year you get!! I do!! I take a month and throw in 4th of July!! LOL....why not!!??

Thee_Kween said...

I love that you enjoyed your birthday...you deserve all that happiness and more. We still have a date. Cake and some other fun things. Your birthday is over when KIWI says so! lol

BE Lauriette said...

@Miss Honey: Oh yes girl Kashan is very handsome and has a beautiful voice. I used to say 'it's just another day' but I'm going to try and do something special from here on out. I heard that. It's a CELEBRATION!!!!!

@Kiwi: I might have to come your way this weekend. I miss me some Kiwi. It definitely ain't OVER!!!!!