8/03/2010

Self Therapy through Venting and Silencing



Jumped on my laptop. Darn kids..lol Really needed to sort some things out. OK....


Sometimes when I'm feeling down I get quiet and serious. But don't fret, I'm still here. This time last year it was hard for me to break out of the depressing feelings. But this year, I noticed when I'm being silenced from the inside out. It can be so hard to reprogram your mind to think differently from your surroundings and not succumb to what feels like a universal beat down. Lately I've allowed myself the right to feel and react the way I need to in order to get past these hard times. Censoring oneself isn't always the best route when feeling down and out. These are the times we should speak out on the things that we are going through in hopes it could help someone else and free us at the same time. Like I always say, keeping these experiences to ourselves is kind of selfish. Don't you think? Well, I took it to twitter.com/Lauriette and I let loose. I'm talking 3am vent sessions after bad dreams and cussin' folk out in subliminal tweets. Not that I can't do it to their face or over the phone, but I'm not looking for a response. I'm just trying to get the anger OUT. Most times talking to the perpetrator(s) will only make you even MORE angrier, and that defeats the whole purpose of venting. Twitter is so good for this. You have an audience where you can blurt out random personal tweets and not look crazy. Plus, no one really knows what or whom you are referring to. I love it! I've always been an open book online. Believe it or not even though I'm open I still hold back a LOT. But this time, I'm not holding back anything. If you don't mind a random f*ck you or two, check me out in my rawest form @ twitter.com/Lauriette.


On to the pic above. Check out the graphics by moi. :) A while back I used to jazz up pics all the time on 360 just to get my mind off of my troubles and last night I finally visited picnik.com. My sista told me about this site several times but I would always forget to check it out. While going at it with my 11 year old son going on 40, *rolling eyes* the website popped into my mind. So while duking it out with him, I created some miniature masterpieces, if you will. Today while at work, I took to picnik again and made some more creations. At work is where I'm REALLY having a hard time breathing and accepting the current circumstances. While creating, my mind is so focused on the task before me it allows me to give my thoughts a break from the (well, most times) self inflicted mental shots.


Basically, we need to vent out to relieve ourselves of pain while other times we need to silence the inner negative self taunts. What do you do during those times where everything seems to be going wrong and you feel like you can't breathe?

6 people feelin' some type of way:

Mahoganydymond™ said...

As a matter of fact.. I am going through this at this very moment. I catch myself taking my anger out. Then I just shut myself off from the world at whole. I feel no matter if I talk about it.. No one really ever really know what and why I feel this way... I hope it gets better for you...

As the Budda Flows said...

Usually I ring my sis write in my journal or like u I tweet or throw my frustration into a poem...I agree keep it all in clouds ya brain with anger...let it out

BE Lauriette said...

@Mahogany: I hope so too. Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you can work out your issues too. And let that anger go. Let loose! It's ok. We will still love you.

@Budda: Yeah, I think I'm driving my sistas crazy..LOL But, yeah, it's usually my mother, my sistas, then I give it to you guys..LOL He must have somewhere to go.

Primaldata said...

I'm on vacation so all the bullshit that has been building up is starting to melt away. I feel ya though if I'm on me and venting on twitter is lke daily. I ain gotta say who, what, where or why but muffuka yes I'm talking about you.

So I ain mad at you and I can appreciate the situation

Thee_Kween said...

Writing, singing with music, taking pictures (of me and nature), talking to myself. LOL I clean or doodle/sketch when I'm mad.

Keep doing what works for you. If it makes you feel lighter inside, do what you must. ((hugs))

BE Lauriette said...

@Tommy: So glad you got a chance to take a break and relax. You so deserved it. Thanks for reading my blog even though you are vacationing. :)

@Kiwi: I love to listen to music too. Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Love you sis! (((((HUG))))))