
Yesterday, while spending time with my boo boo we decided to get out and see a movie. We surfed fandango and agreed to check out the new M. Night Shyamalan movie entitled, "Devil". I had to google his name; I always mess up the spelling and/or pronunciation. Even though we both knew "The Last Airbender" left much to be desired, Night still has pretty good films such as "Unbreakable", "Sixth Sense" and "Signs". We had a 50/50 chance we'd either be pissed off or thoroughly entertained.
Disclaimer: I will attempt to not give away too much of this movie since some of you may be looking to see it. If you've ever watched one of Night's movies you know how keeping the plot under wraps is imperative.
The opening was eye catching. I loved the upside down effect. It reminded me of the "New Jack City" camera effects hovering over the city.
We almost never look around and take an assessment of where we are in life and how life never happens just by chance. It is all deliberately placed no matter how chaotic it seems. Karma is real. We all know this. But, there are mercies as well by way of second chances. When people say things like, "I wouldn't change anything about my past because it made me the person I am today" it would make me cringe. I couldn't understand anyone saying they wouldn't change horrible incidents or decisions they've made. Truth is, the only way one can have this level of appreciation is by seeing the beauty in the present day occurrences.
Many of you already know some of the intimate details of my past and the things I still battle today on a daily basis. I've been blessed to see the mercies here and there. The mercy in the form of this man in the pic with me above arrived right on time. Had to kiss a couple of frogs in order to get this handsome work of art. He is kind, affectionate, verbally expressive, sexy and his arms feel like strong towers protecting me from harm. [insert Heather Headley's .."He is" right here please] It has been a pleasure getting to know him. This is way different from what I'm used to experiencing. I had my doubts about us only because I felt I was not deserving. Almost threw him back in the sea for someone else to catch on their hook. Call me selfish. I couldn't go through with it. He warms me. I can now see the beauty in this mercy because of my past relationships. I went through all those things for a reason, this is true. Was it all experienced just so I could see this day? I'm not sure.
I will end this to say... To believe there is no rhyme or reason behind the flow of your life would be the equivalency to luck. Who wants to believe that the only way to receive blessings is through pure luck? How depressing..
The movie was great; it gave me chills. Like one of the actors in the movie, I'm on my way to forgiving.


10 people feelin' some type of way:
I like scary movies but this one I may have to bypass. Love the picture of you and your "boo boo" and I'm glad you found someone who has give you the warm fuzzies all over. Blessings to you both.
It's a beautiful thing to see you speak this way. Nothing one can tell you...can replace the epiphany you experience by yourself...in due time.
Enjoy him. Enjoy YOU...enjoying him. Hopefully, you and Mr. Terrific, can enjoy many more moments.
As for this video here...not gonna watch it. The preview unnerved me and truthfully, I probably WONT be seeing it unless someone is with me. LOL
@Amour: Thanks Amoure. I really appreciate that.
@Kiwi: Girl, you got scary movies going down in that head of yours. You got some nerve being a scaredy cat. And yes, I get it sometimes even though it takes me forever..LOL Love you sis! Thanks.
I have to say that you are a wonderfully welcome breath of invigorating air. Every day we speak and each time we see each other I quietly thank the Lord that I was blessed with your company
P.S.... Devil was a great flick
I already told you...I'm good with that which is the most unreal (insert monsters and walking dead) but when you start playing with the devil...well...yea...lol
Awww... you just got me teary again. You love doing that dontcha?... I thank Him for you too. *kisses*
I feel you Kiwi... it was good though. I think you would enjoy it.
And that opening sequence was like "Panic Room" as well...just thought of it.
Isn't it crazy how we question whether we deserve love? Of course we do and I agree, luck has NOTHING to do with it. Beautiful post sis.
Very crazy Dai! Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Your blog really touched me.
Post a Comment