
Ticking clock
The drip from a leak
The chair squeak
Heavy breathing from sleep
Voices off in the distance
Cars zipping down the street
Kids playing outside my window
Me clicking the keys
These are beautiful background sounds that set the scene for my creativity. Music for the keys. While basking in the musical keys, I flourish in my own personal noise controlled environment. Here is where I'm able to pay a visit to self...me. My core is lurking there waiting in the silence of the day as I run to feel her space. Often times the very same things I feel are background sounds become the root of my writer's block.
Kids screaming
Ear bleeding screeches from train brakes
Ambulance, fire trucks or police car sirens
Obnoxious cellphone users
Music bass blaring from Cadillacs
Arguing neighbors
Fighting train passengers
Nosey co-workers with unwanted opinions
Negative energy generating from outside entities
People say that we shouldn't be control freaks. And I agree to a certain extent. However, I believe that everyone should be able to control the noise in their personal space. No, we can't control everyone around us. The physical personal space should include the audible space. Sound is harder to control due to its ability to fill every crack, crevice and hole. Unfortunately, there are times we have to invade other's sound space. ie.While I'm writing this very blog a car alarm sounds, and my ears are like, "why now?" lol My daily sound struggle stems from over crowdedness. So when you think about it. Physical space and Sound space are interchangeable. More people in one area increases the likelihood you will be invaded both physically and audibly. This is why sometimes I don't like talking on the phone. I'm so sensitive to this issue that I don't like my noisy life bothering others while we try to communicate. For me bbm (blackberry messenger), online social networking and texting are essential to getting to know me. As for now, outside and inside noise play a major part in my writing. The more there is unwanted noise around me the less writing I achieve.
Bear with me...

2 people feelin' some type of way:
*buying muzzles and bats for Joy* LOL
I pray that you get the solace you need to get back into the swing of creative things....
LOL...I need it badly!!!!
Post a Comment