
I work in a profession where the higher ups often see us (secretaries) as a perk.. a notch on their credential belt. So they move us around for their own needs because they don't see us as valuable commodities. As much as that bothers me, because obviously I'm not a piece of furniture or machinery, I'm indebted to that way of thinking. Due to the vanity of others, I have my own job, with perks and benefits for my family. So I guess vanity and big egos take care of many families in this capitalistic society. Truth be told a lot of the work performed can be done by these slow PhD toting professors. No lie. Sometimes they will send me an email telling me to send an email to so and so. o_O But HEY...that is what I'm here for. Many of them have bought into society's views of certain workplace positions so they wouldn't be caught dead doing these so-called lowly duties. My stance on this issue has always been, respect my hustle and I'll respect yours. Seems this is impossible because in order for them to feel fuzzy inside about the frikkin' credentials they have ALREADY attained o_o they need US to feel like SHIT. If these big ego department heads respected my hustle, I wouldn't have a problem bending to their will. But, why should I do this? They don't even look at me as a human being.
This brings me to the administrator micromanaging hustlers b.k.a. the throw-you-under-the-bus-in-a-minute fuckers. These people have the degrees, work attire and the properly balanced body fat count to muscle ratio. See, these jobs have nothing to do with the work. It has everything to do with the appearance that will hopefully make big egos look good. They work long hours because they are brown nosing all day. They sit in so-called weekly team meetings listening to the big wigs complain about their personal problems. They even shower them with compliments about how cute the grandkids are no matter how untrue. Get this. They damn near make the same thing I DO. LOL I'm at serious odds with these folks all the time. They hate my character. I take pride in my work, I come in, do my job and bounce. One in particular hates my guts. He always tries to find some reason to come over and comment on how many kids I have or asking me how do I like my new spot (which he knows I hate). He told me once under his breath, "I wish I could say those things". When I asked him to explain, he said, "you speak up, I could never do that". Of course I speak up, I'm not getting any brownie points for doing my job. I'm here to provide a service, I'm not here to make friends. Again, I don't knock their hustle either because they are not unionized and lack job security. They jump, leap and do cartwheels for the big wigs in order to keep their jobs secure. I get it. We are the competition.
Once I get home I have another job, mom duty. Homework, cooking, cleaning, nurturing, teaching, loving.. yeah. Overall, it's my duty to show these kids how to respect MY grind. Period! That is all they need to worry themselves about right now. THEN..I get online. *sigh* Here come the shit talking I'm-better-than-you-because-I-don't-work-a-9to5-because-I-grind hustlers. I swear, are we ever safe out here?! The new world nor the matrix seem like a safe haven even though I've already chosen the blue pill..lol j/k So these folks had enough of what the big egos and the administrator micromanaging hustlers of the world have been dishing. They break out of the cycle and make their own way with the talents awarded to them. YO, I got loads of respect for that...I really do. Not only do I have respect for the grind, I will help out. I will do all I can to contribute. These folks need all the support they can get because this world is not created for this liberating outlet. The government's hustle flow is working against it. I'm being brutally honest here. I know that I'm a "statistic"..LOL You would think that their approach would be subtle. OH NO! These mofos are the biggest disrespectful boasting personal space invading fuckers EVER. They are like a walking unwanted commercial break in the middle of Idris Elba taking off his shirt during a interview on the Oprah Winfrey show. OH HELL NO!! YO, to send me a friend request just to load up my inbox with lame event invites or flood my page with what you selling is JUST!! Then they get all cocky when you put up statuses complaining about your job.. "see that's why I work for myself". o_O Ok, and?
See my friends, I log on to relax, relate and release because I'm working all day. When I get home my 9to5 grind ENDS!! RESPECT IT! Why these folk can't respect my hustle?? .. MY union protected GRIND takes place from 9to5 at a designated location. SHEEESH!!!

6 people feelin' some type of way:
Word sista Joy....I'm feeling this cause I too serve the corporate/hospital world as a secretary and I also despise the mofos that say their self employed...yea the way the economy is they ain't doing well either. Keep preaching momma they will get it.
@Budda: So you definitely relate. I feel there is a place for everybody in this hustle for the money game. There is no need in stepping on people's toes or raining on parades. Thanks so much for reading and commenting. ((((HUG))))
I can't stand the fuckas at my job. They bitch ALL day about us "lowly drones" taking up the copier machine time or being in the conference room (putting packets together that THEY need for THEIR job). Some folks DO need to kick us in the shins in order to feel taller.
Damn test tube babies!!!
P.S. I almost lost focus when you mentioned Idris and his shirt coming off. O_O
@Kiwi: I swear they have Napoleon Complexes. We are there to assist them and they have the audacity to get their panties in a bunch because they need the help. Maybe it's because we look better doing it. LMAO @ test tube babies..
And I knew you would love to see Idris take off his shirt.. and then BAM! ... commercial..LOL so not funny though.. o_o
I feel you on all that.....
Cool beans! I respect your hustle ..
Post a Comment