5~ Favorite Romantic Movie
It will always be "As Good As It Gets". Melvin Udall, played by Jack Nicholson, has a bad case of OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). He has to wash his hands a certain amount of times, he must keep to his routine/schedule. He eats at the same place, at the same time, in his same seat everyday. Germs are his fear. He isolates himself from the world. So, he has no idea how to communicate with others without being offensive. lol *smh* Check this out...
Helen Hunt's character, Carol Connelly, helps him open up to take steps in the right direction. The first step was when Melvin agreed to dog sit (well, sort of) for a neighbor who was in the hospital. The love for this dog helped him break some of his routines. Slowly he changed his usual seat in the restaurant he frequents. Little by little the layers of his issues were pulled back. He comes a long way with the help of those around him. He loved Carol so much he took the uncomfortable steps towards her so he can keep her.
At the same time, he taught Carol so many things about herself. Love can heal an ailing soul. No matter what our issues are we can always learn how to love...if you are willing to do the work.


2 people feelin' some type of way:
I love this movie, too...I wish I had it in my archives.
I've never seen this movie but I think Jack Nicholson is a great actor so I may check it out later. I'm sure there are enough pitbull stories about me floating around that it is safe to admit yes that if you rub me the wrong way it is fangs first, fangs second, and then once I believe you have been properly chastised for interrupting me I MIGHT ask exactly why the hell you bothered me in the first place.
I tend to keep my circle tight, and for someone new to get in while they can approach it is the rare soul who approaches me first and doesn't find my tongue sharp instead of comforting. I can warm up to you, or you can warm up to me all takes a little bit of time, if I think you are worth the effort
Post a Comment