#30-your proudest day to date
Being that nothing came to mind when I approached this day 30, I had to look up the word to jog my memory.
adjective
1.
feeling pleasure or satisfaction over something regarded ashighly honorable or creditable to oneself (often followed by of, an infinitive, or a clause).
2.
having, proceeding from, or showing a high opinion of one's own dignity, importance, or superiority.
3.
having or showing self-respect or self-esteem.
4.
highly gratifying to the feelings or self-esteem: It was a proud day for him when his son entered college.
5.
Still getting nothing. I don't know. See. All of the things I thought I was proud of have turned out to be nightmares. I can't say I feel the same way about those things I was once proud of. Yes. I've had children. Yes. I've held a job for 12 years. Yes. I went back to school to get my 4 year degree. Yes. I once held my son's father in my arms at the funeral of his best friend. Yes. I paid almost $500 for a phone that I didn't buy or steal because of my son's sticky fingers. Yes. I did spoken word a couple of times even though I was scared. Yes. yes. yes. I've had moments of feeling pleasure, but they never last. Yes. I keep getting up, breathing, living even though most of the time I don't know what I'm doing or why I'm here. Yes. They were fleeting moments. I'm still alive. So, maybe one day I will be able to revisit this with a real tangible long last proudest moment.
highly honorable or creditable: a proud achievement.
Still getting nothing. I don't know. See. All of the things I thought I was proud of have turned out to be nightmares. I can't say I feel the same way about those things I was once proud of. Yes. I've had children. Yes. I've held a job for 12 years. Yes. I went back to school to get my 4 year degree. Yes. I once held my son's father in my arms at the funeral of his best friend. Yes. I paid almost $500 for a phone that I didn't buy or steal because of my son's sticky fingers. Yes. I did spoken word a couple of times even though I was scared. Yes. yes. yes. I've had moments of feeling pleasure, but they never last. Yes. I keep getting up, breathing, living even though most of the time I don't know what I'm doing or why I'm here. Yes. They were fleeting moments. I'm still alive. So, maybe one day I will be able to revisit this with a real tangible long last proudest moment.

3 people feelin' some type of way:
A proud moment is just that...a MOMENT. *defined as an indefinitely short period of time* ...Because a moment IS fleeting, you could have used any one of those moments and not concentrate on the aftershock. Moments don't have to last...that's why they're moments. The only thing we can hope for is that they come often.
Kween is definitely on point with what she said. I couldn't have said it better myself. ((hugs))
I might talk a lot of shit....and I do. But I'll bet I'd be petrified to do spoken word, kudos to you.
Post a Comment