Today, my sista asked me what it is that I need in my future significant other. You know, the list. And, this happened...
I want a man to be addicted to me.
I want a man to come in and change my whole life around to the point of me forgetting my past hurt like it's drowned in a life lived centuries ago.
I want a man who will NOT allow me to do all the heavy lifting, literally and figuratively.
I want a man who is willing to get dirty, be present, and never withhold his love and affection.
I want a man who will lose every single time in the silent treatment game when we have disagreements.
I want a man who is at home in my presence...captivated by my mind, my heart, my soul, my body.
I want a man who increases my knowledge, my love for life.
I want a man who knows what I'm feeling even when I think I'm all right... knowing he needs to dig deeper and will take the time to get to the root.
I want a man who will stop at nothing to show his love in vivid color by simply saying those four magic words from that classic movie "Holes" ... "I can fix that."
I want a man with smarts, intelligence, swag, and maschimo but only the right amount.
I want a man who will take the time to get to know me, my kids, and listen to my family tell those embarrassing stories from my childhood. Fuck me silly. And love me everlasting.
I want a man to entice me to make an appointment with my doctor to untie my tubes because our love needs to be reproduced.
I want a man I would thank God for daily.
I want a man to proclaim his love for me, even in front of his enemies.
I want to be a secret no more.


6 people feelin' some type of way:
YASSSSS sis!!! I love it. I want this too...I promise that many women could use this as their own personal list. This is NOT too much and it's your inalienable right as a woman to have these things.
Thanks for understanding, sis. It felt good writing it. My truth..it's my true desire. No bullshit.
i think those are doable things to ask for...
me too @Budda :)
me too @Budda :)
I need that type in my life also.. More than anything just to be adorned.. I want me to be the reason why they want to wake up in the morning..
Post a Comment