
While preparing for the holidays, I did some much needed cleaning. I came across some books that I started to read but never got a chance to finish. I love to read books. But, I find that I lose interest when I'm not able to read for long periods of time with no interruption. I guess that is why I love blogs and all things internet based. I get to read, be informed and ultimately finish the complete the story or idea. Frustration starts to settle in when I start reading books and I get interrupted constantly; just with life. I'm not in a position to be able to read for hours and hours with no interruption. The last book I was able to read from cover to cover and really enjoy it was "The Good Earth". The other books I did read and finish since then were not so much enjoyable because it took so long. I just don't have enough time to read. The internet I think plays a part in my attention span issues I have now. With these couple of days off I started to finish reading this book called "The Stolen Child". Great book btw. But, I'm having a hard time focusing, my mind wonders. It has something to do with how short blogs, articles and cyber writings can be. Yes, I get what I need but I need staying power..lol I will keep pushing myself. Let's call this phase "reader's block"...LOL I really made myself a lazy reader. *sigh* Good thing about this internet is that I stopped watching so much tv. Hmm...I wonder if it was just replaced with cyber things. Anywhooo....I will finish "The Stolen Child"; even though it may take longer...
Quick question: If your child was to run away, and a child that looks just like yours shows up the next day; would you be able to tell the difference? I hope I would. If I can't, yall should take my mother card away..LOL creepy stuff right...well, this book is good. COP IT!!!! Click here to read a little of it.....READ INSIDE!!!
then I'm moving on to the following books I didn't finish reading....check em out...they are mostly old stuff..classics
Persuasion (needed a lil romance..hehehe)
The Human Stain
The Alienist
The Widow of the South

2 people feelin' some type of way:
I'm gonna need to check a few of these out. I love to read. Lately I've been trying to WRITE, so its been a little difficult to focus...but perhaps a good read will refuel my inspiration tank. Thanks BE!
Glad you liked..reading does help.
Post a Comment