"Don't ever let anyone take your joy away". However, what if your joy has been robbed in the middle of the night while you sleep? You wake dazed in the morning to an unhappy life. You first have to find out who took it, how to get it back, in order to claim it. I guess I'm a weakling, push over, and easy target because my joy is out on vacation; got to be somewhere foreign. There was a time I thought I was on the road to making my fantasies reality. Now, I find myself skipping down the same unrealistic blurry road dreams. This time I might just forget all about trying to visually capture them in real life and just bask in dream memory.
But, when you think of LETTING someone take your joy; sometimes it’s taken without your permission. Because no one person can stay awake, alert 24/7, 365 days a week. We entrust that person we love to keep an eye out and protect this joy that others seek. If you have given your love to the wrong one; your love can easily do a drive by murder while you sleep. You know the one where you don't know what hit you. When you finally get up, the world is a strange new. For me, I was caught sleeping at the wheel and by own negligence left my joy as easy prey for my own love to steal away. So I will have to say, I did let him take it away because he never should have been the keeper of this joy in the first place.
I never understood why it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when people would say, "don't ever let anyone take your joy away". I cringed myself when I would say the same phrase. It's almost like telling someone they have control over something they really don't. Like the girl got raped because of that tight low cut sweater she wore; she knew what would happen, she had control. NO!
If someone hurts you enough, YES your joy will go away. PERIOD! However, if you have the ability to walk away unscathed; maybe you are a superman/woman. Here is where I ask you where you get your superpowers. Unfortunately, I don’t have super powers and will have to hide my joy, my smiles, and my good days the immortal way.

1 people feelin' some type of way:
You do have control over your joy being taken away. It isn't a possession that gets left unwatched. It isn't something you lie down and forget to pick back up. It is something that is in you. It is in your heart, soul, and mind. You have the capacity to determine what you will allow to affect you...and how. Will power is strong, girl. You just have to figure out how to work it.
Post a Comment