6/17/2009

Misinterpretations of Grandeur...Part 1



Part 1: The Foundation

Reasoning:

Sharing my love story is an attempt to gain balance and clarity for future reference. My angle is to tell this story without bashing those involved including myself with no embellishments. Ok? Let’s see if this is possible.

We sit in the car while the sun peeks over the horizon cooking the dashboard, in silence. This silence is filled with confusion on my part. Did I just get a profession of his love for me due to his shortcomings? Or is this thing genuine? I say to myself…time will tell all. We share small talk on the ride home. In between he would gaze over at me and his handsome stare made me feel warm inside. We walked into that swing party friends and left with many possibilities. The “love” we made that morning once we got to my place was so special. I wasn’t sure if his words were completely genuine at this point but his body moved with mine and it made me smile. I felt we were one. I spoke of the uncertainty of his words. Now let me expound on my philosophies on life and love and show their truth with actions.


Coming out of a horrible separation still pending the divorce decree (don’t ask), I was pretty confident in the hopes for my future. My ex told me many times that I was spoiled and my mouth got me in trouble. I took a lot of time after we went our separate ways to get some things out of my system, because I was neglected in every way in my marriage; especially towards the end. Over a year I remained single only attaining friends with benefits along the way. So when moving forward into this new situation, I unknowingly excluded many things that were essential to making a relationship of any kind work. LIKE: speaking up when things bothered me, setting standards, and not changing myself for others. Here are a few things I knew as fact: #1) I didn’t want to get married again #2) I didn’t want to have more children #3) I wanted to experience love in every aspect; ride it out, while letting it all in. Simple? Right? Now the fourth one is the major key and it also served as the down fall to why this “love” did not flourish. #4) Peep all clues and hints of negative, bad, or aggressive behavior patterns. I did just that, however I didn’t do anything about what I saw for fear of losing the one I loved. Once I finally mustered up the courage to speak up it was too late. #5) Voice my needs clearly. Again, if I’m not speaking up this is impossible. And lastly, #6) stick by his side till the end; no running for cover. I’m sure you can tell I obviously reneged on at least 2 or 3 of the points I mentioned above. I didn’t follow through with some things. Charge that to me being simply a human being. Overall, I was up for the challenge. I was ready for love.


I had this seemingly farfetched idea that two people could come together unconventionally and defy the odds from society. Sounds like I’m a dreamer right? Our beginning, through out, and ending were unorthodox and I was confident that as long as we were communicating honestly we would survive. We both agreed that we #1) didn’t want a relationship in the society meaning #2) we would let the other person know if we ever wanted out for any reason #3) no marriage and #4) no more children. I felt like this was a foundation for something great. We didn’t need to conduct our love the way others do. And we didn’t need a piece of paper to define or label our commitment. MY heart and mind was all in it. And that is all that mattered.


Why did I love him? Let me tell you why I loved him. On this internet (not in the flesh..lol) I used to be a pretty big deal. And with this people would most times come at me only to appease me to get what they wanted. To make a long story short I ran shit and these men did what I said. Point blank. It seemed men and women gravitated towards me. Not sure what my spirit was saying, but it was speaking their language. The bad part to all of this is that I never really knew the true intentions of others and never really got a chance to know them on a personal level. However, this man would tell me about myself in stereo. He was loud and colorful with his interpretation of my character. He gave it to me straight; no chaser. And believe it or not, I admired and respected that from him. He was very book smart. I learned so much from him. He also had this agile way about him that was exciting. It was almost like he was on edge; always on the brink of greatness. He was in tune to my spirit and highly attentive. He knew when something was bothering me even if I tried to hide it with jokes and teasing. His strength was unimaginable. Through suffering with physical ailments he managed to maintain an interesting grasp on life. His sense of humor was way different. Unique. His jokes snuck up on ya, you never saw them coming. It always baffled me how someone who has experienced much pain was able to give me side pains from laughter. He was hard, protecting, he cared and dammit he loved to cuddle. My kids loved him and they still do. My babygirl draws pictures of him still to this day and asks me on a regular basis, “Where is Wob?” And it breaks my heart.


I can go on and on about this man, but I must get into some other things…not so pleasant.

9 people feelin' some type of way:

Primaldata said...

Yea you can have a love that starts unconventionally, yes it can sneak up on you and yeah you gotta have the rules right.

I just think you forgot that even if it doesn't start conventionally relationships all hit the same hills and valleys. You can't tell love what to do, oh you can think you can tell it what to do, but how did jill say it "love dripped from my lips, fell in my lap and we became NEW".

Thats love, even if you were big shit in the beginning it's gotta the double d's(or larger) it's got that fine ass and it's got that good pussy guys can't get away from, and for ladies it will switch up, turn around have that 10 inches of thick hard dick and will lay ya down proper. I'm talking fall asleep wake up and saying give me more pipe daddy.

Loves the worlds worst addiction, it puts heroin, cocaine and crack to shame. The shit we do and go through for love man shit crack heads come close but they still ain there.

So here's a hug and I can't wait for part 2

Thee_Kween said...

Wow...you're really dissecting yourself. You're doing what few people really do and that is be accountable for self. I am your friend and have heard a lot over the past year...but, I love reading your literal and intellectual translation as you work through your pain.

SO proud of you...

Wizzy Jr. said...

Purging is good for the Soul....and BOY did you. I appreciate you letting us more into the person that is YOU.

Divaprocessor said...

Now this is how you start a story..your finally strong enough to let it go...Trust me I know this is harder to write then it was to live it...I will be seeing you thru to the end of this journey Sis..Hold my hand we can do this

Anonymous said...

Gurl thisis what time alone will do 4 ya , gives ya time to dissect ur wants needs,and thoughts out. Serious soul searchin I loveed the blog, but then again I love your personality and can so relate must b the Cancer thang...


NieceeƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Ya gYrl R said...

BE.... We all have this moments of clarity.. Where we start putting ourselves in CHECK!!! Mama... Don't stress the situate.. Stop holding on to the past...

BE Lauriette said...

I thank all of you for reading.

@Primal: I love you man. You know this...and you speak truth. And thanks for the hug. You know I can use it. (((HUGGIN YA BACK)))

@Kiwi: It felt wonderful to write this first part. Even if it was my sly way of remembering what we had and in turn sharing it with you guys. But, you know how I am. I gotta dissect this thing...find out how things tic and why. Love you sis! (((HUG)))

@Wizzy: You are right. Purging is a beautiful thing. Thanks for reading. ((((HUG))))

@Diva: Thanks so much for being by my side through this. And I know you can relate to heart break. You know I will need your ear for some venting and your shoulder for some crying. Love you sis! I can't wait to meet you in person.((((HUG))))

@Niecee: So glad you enjoyed this slice of my life. You are my Cancer sis. Thanks so much for reading and understanding. (((HUG)))

@Rhonda: I wish it were that easy. But, this right here was something deeper. Didn't really snap back from this one like I thought I could. So I gotta do some things to heal; to help me move on. And I will always hold on to my past..its a part of who I am. I might not have him now but I certainly can relish in the memories. Thanks for reading.

As the Budda Flows said...

I am here with u I swear we got so much "hurt" in common but much more strength to press on...keep spillin BE

BE Lauriette said...

Thanks for understanding Budda..I love reading my old stuff. It shows me how far I've come and what I still need to work on. I'm there with ya. (((HUG))))