The events from the past 2 to 3 weeks have landed me in a place where I need change. The people at my job are making work flow changes that have really affected me. And it's time for me to move on. I always wondered if I would know when it was time to go. I finally got my answer. It's time to go..move on. Change is needed but I would love to stay in the same academic environment. I got a call back from a potential job and they requested I take a typing and microsoft office 2007 test. Now they want an over-the-phone interview. So Tuesday, I have to make sure I smile while talking to the HR rep. You know how they say, if you smile the person will feel your positive energy. Either way, I'm giving myself one year to get the fuck out of dodge; sick of these folks. It feels good and final to have a deadline. This particular department wants an over-the-interview but there will be some that will request my presence. I think I will have to wig it up because employers still may be a little bias against the natural do. I love my natural hair though...but if I gotta cover it up to get in the door, so be it. There is no shame on my part, just needing to temporarily appease the employer. Soon as I get in there, the afro puff comes right back out.
Also, on Tuesday I will be meeting with an nutritionist to get my physical together. It's true what they say, "people come into your life for a reason". A friend I met on facebook introduced me to the nutritionist and now I have another opinion of some much needed natural remedies to my diagnosis. Doctors will tell you anything so long as it will lead you with a long term dependency on drugs and/or surgery. So I'm getting my second and third opinions. You have to be educated about your own health these days. Just think, by the end of this week I can have a new job and a whole new look on my physical health.
Hopefully, I will finally meet up with a friend I haven't seen in over 10 years. Talk about a possible historic week in the making. Come on....week of August 10th...
Everything is going well..
-
I thought about how I don't update much any more. I think Facebook has
taking so much from the blogging community.
Me and the guy I started back seeing is ...
7 years ago

2 people feelin' some type of way:
Looks like this week could be the start of some good and powerful changes for you. I hope everything works out right.
Yeah about the hair thing I think people just cannot get over their stereotypes I remember when I first started looking for jobs while I still had my dreads, it's like to hell with my qualifications everybody was trying to think of a way to get me to cut my hair, or just not even deal with me. Didn't matter if I could have pissed clean 100 times, oh he has dreads and you know what they say about.....
So if ya got to wig it wig it, break out the damn I can't keep my eyes off her yet respectable dress. And break out ya best these lips can light up your day in so many ways smile. And get that new job when it's time for the face to face.
As for the old acquaintance I hope that goes well too, it's always nice to catch up with old friends
I know how you feel, Baby. I'm lookin' for a new Job and it's a BITCH. Finding a job is a job.
I feel you about the hair thing. I had braids when I first started looking for a job and they'd be all excited to talk to me on the phone. When I go their and they saw the braids, their faces just turned SOUR. I could see it so clear, even though they tried to hide it. Finally got one, though (My Mama knew the boss. That's the ONLY Thing that saved me). Now that I got a cut, maybe it'll be easier this time around.
Oh, and Good luck the old acquaintance and the nutritionist.
Post a Comment