Tuesday was a big day for me. The phone interview for the job I applied for was a bit awkward for me. Whatever happened to reading body language, eye contact, and peeping facial expressions? Not only is the interviewer checking out these things so is the person being interviewed. You can say and sound as pleasant as you like over the phone, but face t0 face is a whole other ball game. You can't fake that shit for too long. I found the phone interview to be a waste of time. You can't get a true feel of anyone over the phone until you can look them in the face. Wait...well yeah, that is kind of true. I have to say I enjoyed one of the questions she asked, "what traits would you like your new boss to have?" I can tell you guys right now. A perfect boss would be something like this: A man of course (I know...lol); has to have a life; practices great communication; comes directly to me with his expectations and concerns; trustworthy; organized; focused; just someone that will have your back in any team effort. My job interview tactic is simple. Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I'm not one for the bait and switch method. You know the one where you paint yourself to be the "Employee of the Century" when you know you come with issues and hang ups like everyone else. I want to work in an environment that accepts me entirely and dammit I want them to know what they are getting themselves in to. And, I decided to go in with my natural do when they call me for the face to face. I gotta do me. I will only hope that they respect the way I love to see myself. No need in them getting a half ass story from me then call my supervisor because honey he will spill the beans.
Later on in the day I met with an holistic nutritionist in hopes of gaining some knowledge of how I can better my condition. I am so glad I did. Not only was she beautifully pleasant but she was full of much needed information. It is so scary how doctors paint out your diagnosis as some ends to be opened up just because that is the easiest most profitable way. My time with her was time well spent. As I listened to her school me on digestive functionalities, I was amazed at the space of hope I found in getting my own health together. I felt empowered. From here on out I will keep a journal on another blog I created on blogspot called BE Naturally. There I will post my daily battle with emotional eating, exercise and any thoughts I have about my journey. And I have to be truthful with myself. My health goal is to get my body to a place where I can listen to what it needs instead of listening to my emotional needs. My emotional stability and lack there of is mostly the reason for my not sticking to my healthy BE Naturally walk. But, I have to now. You can check me out over there and kick me in the butt if you see I'm getting off track. Just be easy with me..lol This time I will try to gradually build up to changing my eating habits instead dropping everything cold turkey. You will see when I start posting.
There are some other things I want to say, but I don't know how to form my thoughts concerning them yet...I'll be back later.
Thanks for reading...

0 people feelin' some type of way:
Post a Comment