11/05/2009

Cruise Control



This blog-a-day challenge came at the right time. I needed that motivation to blog about things and just post them without scrutinizing my every word. Sometimes I blog and then just delete it. But, today I suffer from anxiousness so here I am.


Sometimes I look at the life of others and wonder how their life seems to run so smoothly. It amazes me to see the lives of others and how they run so smooth without one glitch. Did they pay their dues? If so, how much are these monthly dues and to whom do I send my money order? I feel like life is running me. I tell people all the time when things seem to go wrong that "life happens". Yes, when we think we have things under control and organized unexpected life happenings kick in. Mine seems to have me hopping, skipping, jumping trying to keep control of everything. To be honest with you, I suck at it. I know this is not the way it's supposed to be. So I ask myself, "what are you waiting for to live this life instead of it running you?" Sometimes I feel like I just need that big break of good news, long spans of alone time, a new job, or to hit the lotto. I just want something to happen to give me a push to get encouraged. The more I want to see something happen, the more I see no change at all. I yearn for the day that things seem to run like clock work in my favor without all this hard, back breaking labor.


Where is my cruise control button?


5 people feelin' some type of way:

As the Budda Flows said...

joy ur a free spirit so consider yourself already on cruise control and never second guess yourself...now get ya damn foot off the brakes and just relax

BE Lauriette said...

@Budda: I know girl. My mind, body and spirit are racing...I get tired so quick..

Thanks so much for reading and commenting.

Primaldata said...

While I agree with the driving metaphors as she doesn't know how to drive yet I think she needs to go out somewhere maybe hop in a go cart and something and just feel some wind whistling through her hair. Feel that little bit of exhilaration as she controls the speed she is traveling going as fast as she dares imagining herself about to take off.

Just something about that adrenaline rush that helps to relax you. giving you a moments freedom so that you can get your perspective back and catch a breath.

the.kisser said...

....if life was easy or cool runnings all the time, it would be boring as hell.
i defin agree with primaldata, causing the wind to rush through your hair and through your soul could help a lot.

thanx for the pondering.

.kisses.

BE Lauriette said...

@Tommy: I really need to try this with my hands in the air. Thank you.

@the kisser: Very true. I'm a luster of the grass is greener on the other side chic...lol Thanks so much for commenting.