11/11/2009

YO kids ain't welcome HERE!!!




Viewing Disclaimer: If you have a problem with complaining and/or whining don't even bother reading this one. I just needed to get some things off my chest. Continue at your own risk.



Soooooo today is Veteran's Day. Yipeeee! [sarcastic eye roll] The Board of Education recognizes this holiday therefore this puts me in a sticky situation. Let me explain...


My job does not permit us to bring our children to work. And it just so happens that this is the ONLY department that enforces such a heartless policy that in turn screws me up the ass directly. Now, there is one thing to bring your kid to work everyday or have your kid running through the building. There is only a hand full of us that have children. On my level, I'm the only one with a child as small as my daughter. She is 5 years old. My babysitter is not open today either because as of this year, she is going through a divorce. *PAUSE* Then insert a [why me? HERE]... So of course, she wants to take advantage of all the time she can get to herself...so granted, I understand believe me but it still screws me. So here I am bringing my daughter to my job, where my mother works in a different department where they welcome children and pull out the red carpet...smh Yeah, that's me...in the worse department here that sends out hurtful emails telling us our children are not welcome. Let's go on down to the next thing. So yeah, they have fathersss *pausing again to give you a minute to take in those sss* BUT being the BRIGHTEST color in the crayon box obviously *rolling eyes*..I single handedly picked the most unsupportive men walking the New York streets. OHHH...they won't help NOT because they don't care about their kids ...oh NOOOOO.. but because it would be more like helping me, you know, the kids mother. WOW! My poor poor kids. I really feel for them sometimes. I really do.



OK, so back to me bringing in my daughter to stay at my mother's job. We get on the train and I see space between two men; one black, one spanish. [pause and BREATHE] So of course, they don't get up and barely move over so my daughter could sit down. So you know I forced the issue and then by a hair, they move over. Again, my daughter is 5 years old and very tired, so she starts to move around and accidently brushed the black guy and he rolled his eyes and moved over more. *HOLD THE FUCK UP* Why the fuck are you moving over like my daughter has some kind of disease???!!! MAN...I stared this guy down daring him to do, say, mumble...FUCK IT..move your fucking mouth and see what happens. GUESS WHAT??? He looks down feeling all low and shit...BUT HE STILL WOULDN'T GET THE FUCK UP. Let's press pause for a minute. See fellas this is how you emasculate YOURSELF. Keep refusing to do kind manly gestures on a daily basis and months down the line I BET you won't be the man you thought you saw in the mirror....anywho ....Back to the train.... Spanish dude on the other side didn't get up either but he didn't make it seem like he didn't want my daughter to touch him. He was just sitting there like MOST New York men, like fuck you and your daughter too....I ain't getting the fuck up for SHIT. HEY!!! I can respect that. But to carry on like my daughter is infected...that shit fucking pissed me OFF. Next thing you know, I will get the memo kids are not welcome on the trains and buses as well. Right now in this moment I understand why so many women are chilling at home taking care of their kids at the governments expense because this world we live in makes it extremely hard to survive with little ones...especially, if you are NOT rich.



My little advice for those thinking of having kids and foresee needing ANYONE other than yourself to help......DON'T!!!!




Commenting Disclaimer: Before you think it, speak it and then begin to font it. Yes, I made the choices to have my kids. [say it with me] "NOBODY TOLD YOU TO GO HAVE THOSE KIDS with THOSE DUDES" Yes, they are my responsibility. [say it with me] "YOU SHOULD HAVE RESEARCHED YOUR RESOURCES FOR EVERY POSSIBLE PROBLEM BEFORE HAVING THEM" Might be giving you some power but I trust yall..these two statements & ways of thinking.....absolutely infuriate me ...PERIOD. why? Because believe me...you are speaking to the choir...and I already know this more than you know. Ok...carry on



*WALKING AWAY MUMBLING...."This must be pure brilliance that I was able to put this disastrous recipe together single handedly. If only there was some way I could get a plaque, award or something for this shit". *

10 people feelin' some type of way:

Divaprocessor said...

LMAO...I am really laughing because I know how you were typing all fast while you were telling this story...and I know how you face was looking to while you were doing it...Now lets just...BREATHE....

Andrew said...

I could care less about the typos. I am concerned about you and your babies.

You have EVERY right to be upset about the job and Public Trans being JackOffs. Sounds like they have issues being Family Friendly (This from a guy who lives in the City of Brotherly Love *HURLING*).

I do, however Object to your beating yourself up over the "poor choice" in Men. I am putting you onto the Witness Stand and will ask a few Yes or No Questions:

Can You predict the future?
Can I predict the future?
Are You a Behavior Specialist?
Am I a Behavior Specialist?
If you Answered No to all of these, then there is no need to beat yourself up over their Inadequacies.

We will discuss that very soon, and We WILL build you back up and show you a few things about yourself, as well as others.

As the Budda Flows said...

I feel you Joy your frustration is my frustration....don't let them get ya down sister I had parent teacher conference today and not a dad showed up and were informed... u three things going for you strength education and love for ya kids focus on that believe me I remind myself everyday. My kids ain't welcomed either cuz I'm in the medical field and are restricted cuz of H1N1 kids can't be in the hospital unless being seen by a dr. Glad u got that off ya chest. Head up sista!

BE Lauriette said...

@Diva: *BREATHING* Just typing this blog out (was hitting these keys hard too) really helped. I can't leave this stuff inside until I find a better attitude. I gotta let this stuff out. (((((HUG)))))

BE Lauriette said...

Andrew..I may come to your town if this is indeed true. I need some of that brotherly love. *heading up to the witness stand* You are right. *looking down in shame* We will talk tonight after I leave my son's parent teacher conference. Thanks so much for reading, commenting and understanding. ((((HUG))))

BE Lauriette said...

Kiwi..Yes, it rubs me the wrong way when people do that. I'm here venting my frustrations and they are steadily throwing ish back in my face. Oh, nobody told you to marry him..OHH..no SHIT..wow, how did you come up with that one ALL by yourself...anywhoo Let me stop..LOL Thanks for reading me, hearing me, understanding me..one mo gin Kiwi...Love ya! ((((HUG))))

the.kisser said...

ROFL that was soo funny! i don't have any kids, but i can see why your pissed off!

i loved your point about men emasculating themselves by not being men. that shit pisses me the hell of too. and they wonder why women call the wotless, because the ones who are, are exactly that WOTLESS!

.kisses.

BE Lauriette said...

LOL...yeah, I get fouled mouthed and so angry it's comical. That's me. And yes, men do this on a daily basis. All they are doing at the end of the day is making themselves numb. The first time they sit down in front of a elderly person it was hard for them to fight the urge to stand up for him/her...but by the time they get to week or month 5...it's a breeze unfortunately. Thanks so much for reading and understanding. I really appreciate that.

Anonymous said...

Ok sis I know you LOVe NY, but w/ people like that runnin round FREELY, I'd have a charge I mean would it hurt to show some Manly manners? I'm glad I live in the City of NC where I am able to DRIVE anywhere I want to so and mass transportation only consists of a Busor Cab lol and I donno if I know how to get on one of those either SMH. But back to the main point ya job is TRIPPIN how can a FIRM accept kids in one part and not the OTHER?? It would seem to me ya want your employees to come to WORK so if ya need to bring them on OCCASSION so b it! I'm jus sayin Family friendly make a Good atmosphere for workers!


Much luv sis ~Niecee~ aka Leak Sykes Bernice

BE Lauriette said...

Niecee...I'm really giving moving to a kid friendly state much thought. But, I'm really hesitant in this time because of the economy. Plus, I have no help with that other than my job and child support. I don't have a big family. Honestly, all I have is my dear mother. And there is only so much she can help me with. God bless her heart. But, I have to make a move..this is too much for me. I've always thought of North Carolina...always been on my heart. Hit me up and give me some good locations with a really good public school system. Love you sis! And thanks so much for reading and understanding. oh, and in NY the majority have no kids so they see them as an annoyance and takes them away from the bottom line and that is MONEY..sad I know...