5/04/2010

Look to Halle...




If Halle can't find a good man....what makes you think you will find a man to be faithful/committed/loving/whatever you need to put in this blank..to YOU?!?!?!?! Have you ever heard this nonsense before? I have...


Ok, so who made Halle the woman that represents EVERY woman's standard of BEING a woman?!


I've had men try to convince me and some of my sistas that we can just forget about finding someone worthy. 'Look to Halle'.... I get it! She is a successful, intelligent, talented, stunningly beautiful woman. She seems to have the whole world, but she has relationship issues. Haven't we all at some point? And what makes her so special that she sets the trend or the stage for how things will pane out for us in our love lives. No wonder we women are always rooting for Will and Jada, because we think if they don't work out..we are forever doomed from lovedom. Yes, we have bought into the belief that these women and their relationships some how have a direct link to our love lives. Halle is one individual that I don't know personally, but I'm sure she has problems just like everybody else. So why are we told to look to women like her as the example of what our future holds? I am not Halle and will never be Halle. Men are simply hoping that if we 'look to Halle', we will see that we MUST give up the hopes of finding someone and just let the men that find us get away with any and EVERYTHING because we should feel SOOO lucky to even have a man.


One could easily look at the statistics, the obvious surroundings and gather that the pickings are slim. What people are trying to say is lower your standards, give up hope, let men get away with murder, give in..be one of his stand ins. Then on top of that, they beat you over the head with the "PLEASE!!!! HALLE CAN'T EVEN FIND A GOOD MAN......So give up the search!!!" speech...LOL If I had to measure my love life to someone else's luck with love, what would be the hope in even giving it a try for myself? So we should all just rally behind Halle. Let us all put our black books together and manage her dating site pages, so we can hook her up with men with the hopes she will FINALLY get someone that stays around. Then and ONLY then will there ever be hope for US. Nah, it won't stop there. Then they will start to count the men Halle's had and then proceed to tell us we must go through the same number of men before we find 'the one'. Excuses .. Excuses .. Excuses ..by way of deflection.


So, because we are not as beautiful as she, intelligent as she, talented as she, rich as she...we can just HANG IT UP! Fuck out of here with that bullshit..I'm sorry. Poor excuses. People will always find a way to get around being accountable. From what I've observed, men have some very unrealistic outlooks on who should be worthy. They wrap everything and I mean everything in looks. Halle is drop dead gorgeous so why wouldn't any man be good to her? But, let's take a walk down the flip side of things. Halle is so drop dead gorgeous that the men DON'T measure up to her. Or perhaps she is in a league all her own. It's all about how you want to look at it. Because we don't know her, both sides have equal say in our warped truth. It's funny how Jennifer Aniston and several other white women have problems keeping a man but NO one sums up the average white woman's relationship destiny in one actress chick's dick picks. As for me...


I would like someone special just like any other woman. I want to be happy. I want to be desired, loved, cherished..all that good stuff. Will I have it? I don't know. One thing I DO know for sure..I don't 'Look to Halle' to define my destiny.


Ladies: Let these dudes continue to 'Look to Halle' so they can justify their lack of love and/or commitment issues. Men love to hear about Hollywood love death. They really think we measure our love meter according to chicks that we don't even know.

__________________________________


Go check out Rippa's Blog...it sparked this blog. http://www.rippdemup.com/2010/05/can-it-be-that-halle-berry-is-just-as.html He always gets me thinking. Tell em I sent cha. :)


Here is my response to that blog:
what if she is beautiful inside and out..what if she is a devoted lover and mother..what if she is a ride or die chick...what if there was something wrong with the dudes she came across...WHAT IF!!! So it's ok for these men to dog her. She takes the blame. I don't get this. What if the woman is SANE?! Then what???...

What if we can't make sense of someone else's life in one blog posting....

Read more: http://www.rippdemup.com/2010/05/can-it-be-that-halle-berry-is-just-as.html#ixzz0mzKnDhM3

8 people feelin' some type of way:

Dionne said...

My pastor was just talking about this at church.. He was teaching from the Song of Solomon.. and the verse he kept saying over and over and over again was

"v5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. 6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me"

and I realized that even my FLAWS are beautiful in his eyes.. so Fellas look all you want at Halle.. but what is she behind the beauty.. If you only look skin deep.. you get exactly what you deserve..

BE Lauriette said...

@Dionne: Yes, our flaws are uniquely ours and someone will find them beautiful. Men only see what is on the surface that is how they get caught up every single time. They are dragged away by the lust of their eyes, deceived and then blame the woman. SMH...they gone learn one of these days. Looks are great...but can you deal with the woman once the layers have been pulled back. Thanks for reading and commenting Dionne.

Thee_Kween said...

I find it so very interesting how people always find a way to make the failure of this woman's relationships all about her...as if she was the only one in them. As if she's performing a role and is on stage doing a one woman show. QUIT IT! She's human. Her outer self is not necessarily her inner self.

I know it befuddles folks at how she seems to have missed the mark so far...but that goes to show how overly superficial this world is to bring all down to her looks. ~sigh~

*moving on*

BE Lauriette said...

@Kiwi: But, you will find that women always seem to take the harder fall in any given situation. It's almost like women are expected to be perfect or act perfect in all walks of life. It's almost like we are little gods. Beauty will be man's downfall. It has been so for so long. If they can look past it, they can find so much more deep meaning in any woman. *sigh* is right...

Primaldata said...

Actually I say look to Halle too but not to say "why you think you should have somebody be faithful to you, when she can't" but to simply say "even Halle Berry most men's fantasy is having a hard time finding the one, so don't beat yaself up if it's taken more then 3 dates and a few home baked goods".

The only fairy tales out there are the ones you make and if you actually read the fairy tales not just the ending both hero and heroine have to go through some trials and fight a few dragons before they get their happily ever after.

Too many of us want the ending before we make the journey and even getting your prince or princess isn't the end it's just the start of the next leg. Now as far as keeping, being kept or even finding THE ONE, if it was easy we wouldn't appreciate it.

(and who's boughie ass picked bughte as my capcha?)

BE Lauriette said...

@Tommy: It's ok to use her as an example. But, some of these dudes use her as the scape goat. I totally agree with anything worth having is worth fighting for or waiting for. I get that..and I know I'm lazy..LOL The work that goes into it is a bit much sometimes. And I have no idea why they gave you that boughie capcha...LOL Thanks for reading and commenting.

As the Budda Flows said...

I have read many things about Halle past and present and her luck hasn't been very good in the relationship department just like the rest of us she is a movie star and a mom and a human being ups downs highs lows and being put on a pedastal must bother her. I look to no one when accessing what I have to portray to these males in the world to have true love. Take me as I am or have nuthing at all.

BE Lauriette said...

@Budda: Yes, she is a human being. And people carry on like she can't have problems or flaws. Or that her beauty is so great that it surpasses all other beauty. And I've learned to continue being myself even if it means I might be alone. Won't be happy pretending to be something I'm not. "Take me as I am or have nuthing at all" is right. Thanks for reading and commenting.