8/03/2010

BE got questions...Victim of Consequences?




I know you looking at the title with the side eye, but hear me out..lol

Ok, we all know that in life we make a laundry list of decisions at different times. Some decisions we think through thoroughly while imagining every obstacle that could get in the way. Other times we jump to make a decision before giving the possible consequences or circumstances much thought. Well, the consequences reaped from both situations can be so very different. Do you think someone could be a 'victim of consequences'? I know. The person made a decision and due to that decision certain consequences were birthed. But, don't you think sometimes the consequences out way the decision and/or actual intent behind making a choice? For instance, you could decide to marry someone given what you see, feel and believe, then it turns out to be the worst decision you've ever made. How about those choices you make when you are not even knowledgeable of all the wrongs that could happen? Other times we can make what it seems to be a minute decision, but the consequences and circumstances live on to your death. Who and what determines how long certain consequences live? Is it us? Is there an end other than death? Can someone be a victim of these consequences or is it just their tough luck?


Sorry this was such a short blog..my daughter is really pressing me for attention..lol But, please fill me in on your thoughts. Thanks for reading.

8 people feelin' some type of way:

ABoyd378 said...

Life has a funny way of teaching us alot of Lessons due to our Decision as well as Indecisions. TRUST when I say that you are Not the only one who thinks about this.

To be Honest, we all make choices that are Good and Bad at that point in time because at THAT time, it was a Good Idea (Yeah, I know I paraphrased you. Sue Me...). It can be chalked up to Tough Luck. Personally, I feel it is chalked up to something in which we MUST experience at that point in time in order to make us more aware as well as MUCH MORE Knowledgeable and Informed when making decisions that would and will affect our Life.

Some of us learn from those past decisions and Make Certain that History DOES NOT repeat itself (I can place my hand on the shoulder of VERY FEW that fit this Category...). MOST Others, as you said a few blogs back, "Keep smacking their head into the Brick Wall." They'll keep doing thir head smacking until they either "Get It" or they Hemmorage profusely with no way of recovering the lost "Blood" (Memories of those past mistakes that put them into that boat in the first place).

My theory is, In order to Not become a "Victim of Consequence or Circumstance," it is simply a matter of a metaphorical inquiry that I heard on "Two and a Half Men":

"How Big of a Tab do you want to run before it comes Due?"



*SIDEBAR*

Babies come first. As long as you have some form of outlet that are your Blogs, Scribes, Writings, etc., I am PERSONALLY Satisfied for the time that you took to release them instead of holding onto them wondering, "Why the Hell did I not Write?"

BE Lauriette said...

Thanks for your comment Andrew. I think I'm stuck between learning the lesson but needing to NOT feel like I'm being beat in the head. Thing is, just because you learn the lesson doesn't mean the consequences cease. That is the hard part. Because sometimes you can't even run up a tab if you are still getting beat up from the old choices you've made.

ABoyd378 said...

"I think I'm stuck between learning the lesson but needing to NOT feel like I'm being beat in the head."

We as People, NEED to be as well as NEED to FEEL the Beating upside the head in order to Learn. Without that Beating, it's one mistake after another, causing a constant chain of events to where one would Honestly believe that "Their Way" is the "Right Way."

Sorry Sweetheart. That Head Beating IS Necessary for your Personal Growth and Improvement. You'll Thank youself later. Believe Me when I say that.

Thaddeus said...

This really hit home for me because I can remember "the' decisions that changed my life. so for me it is VERY AGONIZING!! I knew what could happen and yet I chose to do what has changed everything for me, I am still paying this very day!! All I can say is, ITS WORTH TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE AN INFORMED CHOICE, TRUST ME, PEACE!

BE Lauriette said...

@Andrew: Yeah, I guess so. But, I still don't get the point after the lesson has been learned.

@Thaddeus: It's way late for that. I got a whole bunch of consequences going on from all different directions. Pretty much a lost cause. Just trying to figure out how to do this time, so to speak. I hope things get better for ya so it won't be so agonizing.

Primaldata said...

The question I always ask looking back is: looking at where I am and where I could have potentially have been which would I prefer. Every decision has people, memories, and possesions that come with it. I mean yes they are consequences but consequences hardly really explains all each choice entails.

There rarely is a time when I would have chosen NOT to make the choice, there have been a few usually minor things one major but usually minor. It's kind of what makes life so interesting though there is always a chance you could have hit that homerun but looking at many homerun hitters most of them don't seem to happy either.

Sometimes you gotta learn to love who you are so that you can better see who you can become going forward. No matter how badly you see yourself somebody sees you as the highlight of their day.

Thee_Kween said...

Who gets to say what a victim is? Except for the person afflicted? Who gets to say what the consequences should be? Except God and Karma. To be defined by someone else's standard of strength, by their definition of "how long" you should hurt or feel hurt...is like someone telling you that your name should be Ass instead of what it is.

You get to feel how you feel. We can do our best not to wallow. We can do our best not to grow bitter, angry and distant...being mistrusting of future friends, lovers, etc. That's ALL we can do. Pain is relative to YOU. To where you've been, what you deal with, how often you get fucked over...it's YOUR shit. No one can say SHIT. If someone sits back in judgment...I'd ask that person...show me YOUR perfectly healed wounds! Show me your tear-less pillows. People can be full of shit, which is why I don't listen to assholes with lots to say about other people's shit. Clean your own ass before sniffing mine for shit residue. (excuse me for being raw)

WE define our own victimization...but, being hurt by something, vulnerable to pains and aches of life, doesn't make you a "victim"...what makes you a victim, is when you're done wrong from the beginning. To be a PERPETUAL victim, is something different...meaning, all you do is complain of what's wrong. How nothing is ever right. Yet, even then...if that's your experience...who the FUCK can disrespect your trials?

I try to remain optimistic, faithful, strong and dignified after having been hurt...but, I also remember that it's okay to cry, be angry and show feelings about having been hurt. I try to remain accountable along the way for the decisions I did or did not make when I should've. Making myself see the big picture from each angle and not be wrapped in my own idea of what happened to me, because everything just doesn't HAPPEN. We do see shit coming sometimes and remain hard-headed. That can be the difference between consequences, circumstances and just plain old repercussions.

~phew~ lol

BE Lauriette said...

@Tommy:
"Sometimes you gotta learn to love who you are so that you can better see who you can become going forward. No matter how badly you see yourself somebody sees you as the highlight of their day."

You said it all right there. I'm really trying to do it. Day to day I try to calm the inner battle and the negative thoughts. Thanks so much for reading. (((((HUG)))))


@Kiwi: Your comment gave me everything I needed. Yes..."who gets to say what a victim is? Except for the person afflicted?" girl girl girl...folk always want to tell you when to move on..or how to react. You done said it all..Please come here and vent with the knowledge you bringing anytime. I love it. I love you. (((((((HUG))))))