My life experiences have allowed me the ability to feel the pain of others. I mean I can literally feel it. I love the fact that I'm able to censor my mouth unknowingly most times because I'm always mindful of how my words can hurt others. Even if someone is so deserving of my wrath, I almost never snap back. Why? Because their story is always at the forefront of my mind. I really owe this gift to my kids. They have given me new eyes to look at this world and see the pain of others with no judgement. Even though some people see me as a punk or a push over, I'd rather be a push over than a leaky annoying faucet of thoughts. Who wants to be around a person that gives their closed minded opinion even when you never asked for it?! To empathize one must have the ability to put their own needs, wants, ideas and desires to the back burner for some time to take a ride in someone else's life line. Often times I've made the mistake of riding too long to a point where I forget to manage my life. I'm in the process of making changes. If you stay in someone else's life line too long, they will never be able to handle YOU when you show up.
Due to my Cancer like tendencies, I am able to provide other elements that others benefit from even if they don't realize it. I'm a great listener, I provide a great deal of comfort while in my presence and one is welcomed to be themselves. Sometimes being around me is like being in a room with mirrors staring back at you but these mirrors only reveal the beauty in you. (wow did I just write that sentence?) Sounds beautiful. I know. But, in this next chapter in my life I have to learn when to turn on and off these abilities because if placed in the wrong hands people are liable to take advantage, most times unknowingly. [See. Noticed what I just did?! lol] It seems when people come across my characteristics they don't know what to do with it. Most times people bask in the comfort, while others soak in my spirit finding rest and peace that gives them strength to face the outside world.
Not only do I feel you... I can see you... I love that about myself...I really do.

3 people feelin' some type of way:
Wow....and I've been wondering what it was about u that felt so comforting and relaxing. U just explained it in plain English for me. Amazing is such an understatement when describing you. Thanx for being my friend. We mesh well together.
@Quincy: Thanks so much for reading this entry. As much as I love giving comfort..I need to learn how to demand it in return. :) We mesh well. ((((((HUG)))))
I'm glad you're finally seeing yourself in the light others do...and trust me, there are plenty. "Sight" is a pretty nifty gift...and yes, it must be fine-tuned for time and place. You are learning that. You are indeed amazing, as Quincy stated...but of course you're my sister, so I'm unashamedly and unapologetically biased! (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment