
Lately, I've been either paranoid or playing secret detective looking for clues to my next life move. Every time something negative or unpleasant happens, I ask myself "is that a sign?!" *raised eyebrow* Obviously, signs are made to spell caution, point you in the right direction and explain protocol in any given situation. We see these signs on roads, in post offices and on bulletin boards in the work place. But, unfortunately we don't have these types of signs in our life walk. It would be nice to have a sign that says: 'play these numbers in the lotto today', 'that is not a good investment', or 'walk this way for happiness'. We can't be so lucky though. Or can we? There are signs in life that give you an idea of what you should do next or how to change your path for the better. The subtle signs we receive in life are not concrete like say a 'stop' sign. Well, now that I think about it...they are the same. A sign telling you to drive at a certain speed is specific to the location but it's up to the individual to obey the rules. The speed limit is 50 but you need to get to where you are going in a hurry. Plus, there are not many cars out today. So you put the peddle to the metal ..well, until you get caught red handed. With every sign overlooked or intentionally broken there are consequences. And most times, consequences last a lifetime.
I guess my paranoia is grounded in decision making. Always being responsible for my person, journey, outcomes is one thing but being responsible for others can be worrisome. For once I just wish there was a fluorescent bright light blinking when I made a right decision that said something like..
BINGO!!
YOU ARE NOW SET FOR LIFE!!!
YOU GOT IT!
YOU ARE IN THERE!
SUCCESS!!!
Some hints along the way would be nice, like..
WHOA NELLY!!
THIS WAY!
NOT THAT ONE..THE OTHER ONE!!
YOU ARE GOING TO FALL ON YOUR FACE!!
BACK UP!!!
IF YOU ASK TODAY, YOU WILL GET THE RAISE!!!
Wishful thinking.. I know..LOL
6 people feelin' some type of way:
LOL, Gotta love my sista's logic. Where's your "box" Ms. Joy? *giggling*
There is no box..LOL Owwwww!
I hear you. I really feel you on this. Always a pleasure to come by and read.
HEY Miss Honey! Been a long time.. nice seeing you over here. Yeah girl, I'm sure we could all use a little help sometimes. (((HUG)))
I need this one "NOT THAT ONE..THE OTHER ONE!!"
@Dai: Me too. I could have used that sign in a serious way in my life. I'm with you on that.
Post a Comment