2/19/2011

Truth Day 16: The Boob Tube



16: someone or something I could live without


I watched a lot of TV as a child. Being the only child, my mother left me home alone. After school it was either play with neighborhood friends or watch TV. You would think this TV watching would be a habit by now, but I've been cured of my TV addiction. It's been some years now since I've gone cold turkey. I have four reasons why I have no need for that type of entertainment: my own real life drama, children, writing and the internet. I don't need TV with all the things on my plate. Word on the street is that TV is nothing but a whole bunch of fake reality shows. 


Commercials are another problem for me. What are the stats?.. other than how loud we can turn up the volume to annoy tube watchers. Do people ever really buy products due to advertisement? Well, my sis Kiwi proved that this abrupt loud commercial interruption works because after the orange juice commercial, she confessed she wanted orange juice. *sigh* Snicker bar commercials do nothing for me. I'm already craving them anyway. Shit, I want a snicker bar right now.


Oh...plus, Barney damn near took me out but Sponge Bob killed it for me all together. I endure these folks for my kids. Listening to Patrick's voice, from Sponge Bob, sometimes makes me want to kill myself. But yeah, I can do without the TV.. the internet is far more entertaining.

4 people feelin' some type of way:

Brother Oddi-C said...

I'm already putting out contracts on Patrick and Spongebob lol. I say we pollute their little corner of the ocean... then burn em out

BE Lauriette said...

@Brother Odd-C: I can't stand that dude .. fa real!

Thee_Kween said...

WOW...you put me on blast, mofo? LMAO I love TV...I'm totally addicted to FOODTV and the Cooking Channel! I love the fake reality...what you saying? LOL

BE Lauriette said...

Hehehe...sorry, my Kiwi. I had to do it.. LOL I like watching anything dealing with food. As far as the other stuff, I can live without it.