2/19/2011

Truth Day 15: R.I.P. ole Joy 2005-2010





15: something or someone I couldn't live without, because I've tried


Just look at those pics above. Who does that?! We all have used our phones to take self portraits of ourselves in the mirror. The starring act in those pictures is YOU. How about this? In those pictures above I used a webcam to take the one on the left and the one on the right I used my cellphone; my ipod is the featuring act. No one takes pictures with ipod's like it's okay. Well, I do and I have no shame.

Back in 2005 my mother bought me an old generation ipod with the scroll wheel. WE were tighter than clinched booty cheeks on colonoscopy day. Yeah, that's tight. This ipod saved me from the world around me. I didn't have to deal with anyone on the train because all I had to do was put those earphones in and I was in a zone. My ipod allowed me to have music inspirations for many blogs and short stories. I would write on the train (when I could get a seat, of course); people would even read my writings over my shoulder.


My regained freedom in 2006 brought the exhibitionist in me and my ipod served as the storage place for all my unmentionable pictures. Great hideaway; I didn't have to put my pics on my computer where my kids could find them. Yipeee! They were safe with me. Surfing on my ipod could have caused an epileptic seizure with the variety of body parts just roaming around naked.


Then in 2010, it happened. Just like any other day I plugged my ipod into my computer at work just to make sure it was charged for my evening commute and .... the message read:


Unable to read your ipod..please restore


Something like that. If you know anything about ipods you know what restore means. At first I didn't think anything of it; ejected it and then tried to power it up again. The same message appeared. I started to panic. I know I said something like, "you gotta be fucking kiddin me." Yeah, at work; I was buggin. My co-worker asked me what was wrong and I put my head down and said, "I think my ipod just died." To make a long story short I tried all I could to get my over 3000 song collection back and failed. It was over. The only good thing out of this was that I was able to get my files back. Yep, got my nasty pics and word documents back so I can protect them elsewhere. I miss ole Joy.


Weeks went by with me traveling to and from work with no music. I was a mess on the train. I could hear the most awful conversations, hear the annoying baby cries and watch the panhandlers try their hand at doing something strange for a lil bit of change. See, when I had ole Joy.. she helped me block out all this stuff. Finally my mother took pity on me and offered me a solution. She would buy the new ipod touch 60g with the camera for me, but I had to pay her back. At the time, I didn't have two nickels to rub together to make a dime, yet, I signed on the dotted line (I'm exaggerating, my mother was just like pay it back when you can..LOL).


Lauriette is new and improved with apps, a camera and many other features I'm not even sure how to use. And I'm grateful that I was finally able to pay my mother back. But, I will never forget ole Joy. She was there for me through some tough times. I know. Who writes a long ass blog about a damn ipod. That would be me.. go ahead and send this blog to Apple, I'm sure they can use this as an advertisement tool or at least get a good laugh on me..LOL

3 people feelin' some type of way:

As the Budda Flows said...

dont feel bad Joy i spazzed when i discovered my kids dropped my ipod in the toilet...i almost caught a case lol glad u got ya happy back and i feel you on the bus/train ride i have marvin sapp on loud to drown out the madness

BE Lauriette said...

GIRL, I was a mess. My mother got so tired of me whining and complaining. There should be a warning sign when you buy your fare for public transportation... "IPOD/MP3 PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED FOR YOUR SANITY WHILE YOU RIDE" for real! LOL Thanks so much for reading my madness.

BE Lauriette said...

All I can say is .. Kiwi, pray for me. I need it.