2/26/2011

Truth Day 22: Overstayed my welcome..




22: Something I wish I hadn't done in my life.




There are a lot of things I wish I hadn't done in my life. I will share the one thing that will not make you run in the opposite direction or have you looking at me funny. I wish I didn't stay at my job so long. Now in this economy one has to hold on to a steady income unless you got the hook up. I enjoy the work. It's just the people that I work with. It's not that I feel another job will be my saving grace, I just want a change of scenery. I'm grateful to have a job in these times. I just wish I was long gone before this big crunch. It's not cool feeling like the veteran in the office, the ole timer. Ten years is a long time to stay put in one spot. 


During the court battles with my ex a lot of my work started to slip. I called out sick often because I was so depressed. Right now I have a plan to make myself look more marketable in the work force while taking classes I enjoy. Taking these writing classes have been helping me at work as well. 100% tuition remission is a motivator, a blessing. I've noticed that once I came up with a plan (via my vision board) and changed my attitude, the tables have turned. My employers don't have much to say about my work, lateness, or absence; so now they are forced to deal with the real issues plaguing our department. I observe them now and I've realized that they have no clue what they are doing. It feels good knowing what I want to do for once; it's almost like I'm holding on to a secret to my job survival..the very possible future.


Yeah, I enjoy blogging about my job. The rebel in me likes living life on the edge. :) Who gon check me boo?!

1 people feelin' some type of way:

Primaldata said...

Isn't it good to be able to look out and see:"hmm I'm the most normal person here". I hope you started writing as your career soon and not just a hobby