2/14/2011

Truth Day 9: pride keeps me away



9: someone I didn't want to let go, but just drifted


Basically, I did the unthinkable with this young lady pictured above with me. All ladies know that when you go to a party with girlfriends, you leave with them. You make sure they are safe during the night. Well, I kind of left my girl behind in the arms of someone that tried to take advantage of her. I never thought that this person would push up on her but SHE did. Yeah, you read that right. I apologized to my friend profusely the next day when she told me what happened. No matter how much I tried to make up for it, she wouldn't let me live it down. So eventually she moved to Florida and we lost touch. We drifted away, but the lasting lesson I learned still remains.


Her sister is on my goodie goodie facebook page and sometimes I ask about how her sister is doing. But, I can tell she is uncomfortable with answering my questions. Pride won't let me reach out to get the door slammed in my face again. You know, it's funny how varying our limits are. At the time, I didn't see it as something that major but to her it was a no fly zone.


I'm sorry, Karen.

2 people feelin' some type of way:

Thee_Kween said...

Aww, maaan...I hate when this happens. I'm sure that you didn't mean to do that...lesson learned. I pray that even if she doesn't actually kick it with you that hopefully in her HEART...she's forgiven you. If not, that's her loss...you're a great friend :)

BE Lauriette said...

I really didn't mean to...I just didn't' know it was that big of a deal. It's like crossing a line you didn't even know was there. And for that I apologize to her.

And thanks, Kiwi. I really needed to hear that. I try to be a stand up friend.