This Is Not a Poem - page 18
this was my second time reading this poem and it was just as freshen as the first time.
It Hurts... - page 37
this line right here " I hurt so bad sometimes I cause myself pain to distraught myself from the pain that I can't get to on the inside part of my brain" wow..just wow. the way she was able to put this feeling into words..just amazing.
Baby. Momma. - page 44
this one made my eye twitch in a good way. this is a wonderful poem for her daughter. I say this at least once a week in different ways "Always felt like the butt of the world's joke .. Wondering why I was treated differently than other folk"
Por Negro (for Black) - 58
positive affirmations for the black man. I enjoyed reading all that is good with the black man.
Who The Fuck Did I Think I am? - page 60
let's just say..I should have read this one standing up. this one is full of power and rage.
Nigga, Shit - page 66
this poem is full of judgmental opinions, the crabs in a barrel mentality, with a nice side order of gossip .. yeah...Nigga, Shit
Innate Strength: A Poem for Kola - page 96
my anthem. she knew just how to voice disdain with that annoying "strong black woman" saying. I'm annoyed by it and I can see she is too. thank you for putting it simply. thanks for giving black women a voice.
Caged Birds Don't Sing - page 104
wonderfully written..beauty in rhythm
U Inspire Me, Jessica - page 105
this is how I feel when I go out to see people perform. I want to perform on paper like one would onstage and get the same adoration and respect.
Fuck Black Men - page 118
with the positive affirmation comes a little bit of the grime, lies and sexual side to these fine specimens. "he fucks me with the pain he feels of being held within bondage of mental steel" .. oh yeah!
Active Voice - page 120
this one has a very special place in my heart. we spoke about this very thing and it made me cry just to see you wrote a poem about it.
With all of its cursing, word play and not so pretty descriptions of life, these poems were refreshing to my mind. I will be recommending this book of poetry to my friends and family. Now, I can't wait to read the memoir. There has to be one coming soon. I need to read this entire story.
I'm so proud of you Tracy.
I'm so proud of you Tracy.


2 people feelin' some type of way:
I'd love to read her stuff. I need to get started on my poetry book...I just can't even focus. lol
GET TO IT, KIWI!!!! LOL
Post a Comment