1/05/2012

a morning with...BE



So, it all started when I left my house a little later than usual in those boots above. The incline is not high at all, they are high enough for me to walk to the train station and sit down. That's about it. After having a crying spell, getting my daughter to school late, I walk on to a train platform, that will remain nameless, and it  looked a little like this...


Okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but it did look pretty bad. The NYCMTA only made an announcement that there were delays due to an earlier incident. Which is usually code for..someone jumped in front of a train or they had to get a dog off the train tracks. So, I'm like...GREAT. My supervisor is away today and the pricks at my job will think I'm trying to take advantage of her absence. It took a while for the train to show up and once it did... SUCCESS! I was able to board it. I had to serve up a couple of elbows because the people were pushing behind me trying to get on the already crowded train. And I'm not gonna front I did gloat a little, when the train pulled off and I could see all the people on the platform still waiting. *shrug* Oh well, sucks to be them. UNTIL...this dude that seemed to be on some sort of narcotic (heroin, I think. because he was falling asleep) gets on the train singing. Are you sitting down, folks?! This man had the audacity to be singing Luther Vandross' "So Amazing" in a key that I couldn't even understand.

Picture this..
I'm standing in the middle of a very crowded train with barely enough room for me and my bag. Every time the train sways, people bump into me stepping on my feet while I'm in those shoes above. And to add insult to injury, this dude gets on the train butchering one of Luther's classic songs. Yeah, karaoke before 9am in a very cramped area. Sounds like the making of a wonderful day. o_O This can't be real life...

At every train stop only one person got off. SO, you know what that means, right? The loud classic song butchering heroin user ends up right next to me and it's too crowded for me to get to my ipod that is buried deep down in my purse. For every one person that exits the train 3 more people get on. The girl next to me can't even be bothered with this loud obnoxious man, she has her own problems. She is stressing over an abusive supervisor that will make her pay for the few minutes she will be late. From what she described it doesn't matter why she is late, he will capitalize on it while trying to make his existence more relevant in some pseudo power play. I been there. I will definitely keep her in prayer. And THEN a seat opens up for me..wow, look at God (sorry, I had to..lol). The song killer moves closer to me, but I can handle it because I'm sitting down and I can now find refuge in my ipod. That "Niggas in Paris" will drown out ANYTHING.

I finally make it to work, late, of course. As soon as I walk to my desk, I can hear the most annoying confused closet gay guy at this job (who has a serious identity crisis going on) talking loud as usual in an attempt at making his job sound more important than it is because he wants to matter in some big way here. *smh* Why do all of my co-workers have business with this loud mouth today?! Are the people in his office deaf or something?! Sheesh..somebody shut him up. I open up my email and  my supervisor, bless her little heart, sent me an email (even though she is out today o_O) delegating work to me I really didn't want to do today..sigh. But, then the front desk receptionist emailed me while I was writing this blog to let me know I had a package...this baby showed up!!! I knew going on that online shopping spree during the holiday break would pay off. I'm so good to me. Ain't she pretty?!





There is no moral or point to this story. Just wanted to take you guys on a morning journey with me. Well, I guess I can say that even though this morning started off with tears, attitude and angst..I still weathered the storm and God still loves me. Not sure why, but He does. I don't blog often because I don't have a lot of nice things to say. I feel like a walking offensive abrasion. So, you are not missing much. You gotta believe me.

4 people feelin' some type of way:

As the Budda Flows said...

Thanks for sharing miss your”private thoughts”

Thee_Kween said...

Those boots are too cute. That bag looks like an overnight bag...you can use that on your weekends here. lol

Glad you weathered the storm...glad you know God loves you...

Quincy said...

Woman if u dont blog about the bad stuff as well as the good!!! Weez gon have a problem!

No Labels said...

I love that bag, particularly the color. :)