3/29/2013

all about why I'm crazy...




#27- a day in your life (explain an average day of yours)

My day starts out with a battle. My alarm is set on my phone to go off at 4 different times. Yeah, I said that right...four different times. Why? Because I have a love affair going on with my snooze button. The five minutes of sleep I get in between the alarm sounding is the best sleep, better than the sleep from the night before. The first thing I do when I get up is wake up my son. He is 14 years old. Need I say more. *rolling eyes* Then, I can get like 10 minutes of sleep while he is in the bathroom. Once I get up I go straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. While I get dressed, I wake up my daughter for school. From that point on I'm multitasking like crazy. Because, of course, my daughter needs me to tell her to get her socks on and her teeth brushed, etc. Sometimes I have to yell at my son to go to school by getting in his face, threatening him, taking him down to china town just to get him off to school..yeah, fun stuff.


Sometimes I do my make up at home, sometimes I do it on the train (this annoys New Yorkers so much, even me..lol), sometimes I do it at work. It depends on how much time I have. We rush to get our coats on because I have to get her on the bus. *deep sigh* Then I head to the train station. Usually I'm dancing while walking because I have my ipod blasting the music that gets me going. People stare and I don't care. I honestly don't know how people could listen to music and not be moved. Lately, Bobby Brown has been giving me the life I need and the platform for my outlandish fantasies about my new boo Jesse. I didn't forget about you, Tina. I'm working on the next part to A Rainy Autumn Day here.




I don't know why but this song makes me feel fuzzy. 
You will find me dancing in the street. Don't judge me if you see me, just join me..lol

Anywho, I get on the train and I'm usually taking pics on the train especially if I'm feeling some type of way about my look. Owww!


train stunting on a rainy day 

I'm not vain. Really I'm not. I just have to be doing something that I feel. Lately, I haven't been into the reading like I used to because usually I would have my face in my nook or an actual book. When I get off the train, I get my coffee and sausage mcmuffin with cheese from Mickey D's. Head up to clock in for work. I check my emails. Return emails. Put out fires between students and professors and deans and such. I help professors conduct exams online, set up appointments with students, go to meetings that bore me to tears, create enrollment reports, track student progress, listen to fashsionistas in my office go on and on about sales and shoes...blah..blah..blah. I work at NYU. Been there for 12 years, it will be 13 years in August. We go together.

During lunch I will either hit up Kiwi or Tommy for the good word or to share juicy news while I eat Mickey D's (loving that new McWrap) or Chipotle or Subway. If I'm having a real stressful day I will stop by Haagen Dazs and get me a cup of butter pecan ice cream. Don't do this at home folks. That stuff is fattening, but delicious. Sometimes I check out the NYU bookstore if I have extra time. I get back to work and fight sleep until quitting time. Usually I take more pics. Hey, it keeps me awake. 

me posing by the printer

After work I rush back to my neighborhood to pick up my daughter from her afterschool program depending on the day. Her father picks her up twice a week. Sometimes I get a ride from a family friend, but most times I'm back on the train.



When I get home we usually order take out because it's just been like that around here. I'm going through a lot and cooking is not my favorite thing to do. I help my daughter with homework and my eyes are barely open. Usually I'm in the bed by 9 or 10. I've been watching Private Practice on netflix. I will probably fall asleep while it's watching me. I'm old. What you want from me?! THEN...I wake up the next morning and do it all over again. yipee!

I didn't share everything I have to do daily. This is pretty much a day in my life. Yeah, all about why I'm crazy.

4 people feelin' some type of way:

As the Budda Flows said...

Youre normal babe... your day is more exciting than mine in the a.m might need to make a morning inspirational playlist...gone girl keep snappin pics loving on yaself

Thee_Kween said...

Chile you crazy, but not b/c of your daily life. You just off the chain all on your own. lmaooo *I lubs you doe*

That song? I ain't heard that in YEARS!! That was my SHIIIIIIIH!!! *yesssssssss*

No Labels said...

I love your pictures and your morning sounds quite interesting.

Reggie said...

That sounds like a hectic day to me. I also use my iPhone as an alarm clock...but I don't play with snooze.....or I'll keep snoozing.