3/02/2013

Grossland Elementary School

#2 - A Day in Elementary School

Elementary school is where there is a mental block. I'm sure that block is there to protect me. First of all, I went to like four different elementary schools, yeah, four. My mother doesn't really give me a reason for this. Seems she has forgotten as well. Strange, I know. 

The only day I remember vividly has to be one of the worst; a day that later turned into a continuos nightmare from my memories. Okay, here goes. This will be gross and it will lead to a confession. Ready? Okay. Let me set the scene. Let THIS be a warning...



The name of the school was Southside Elementary School, really it should be more like Grossland Elementary School. I had to be bused to this school because it was out of my school zone. The bus rides were long and lonely. The food served at this school was horrible. On this one particular day several kids thought it  was extraordinarily disgusting. Damn near every kid in the school got sick, except me. And, that is sick as in meaning vomiting. I won't type that word again, due to reasons I will explain later.

The tallest, biggest boy in the back of the class started the sickfest. All I remember is the noise, the sound. It still frightens me to think about it today. When I turned around to see what it was, he was sitting there with it all over here. It looked like something from a horror movie. Now, when I think about it kids were getting sick at that school all the time. I remember every day they had to set out a chair in the sun because a kid messed it up from getting sick, to air it out. Yuck. I told you this would be gross. 

Kids would be getting sick running to the bathroom all the time, and I just sat there. So, this is a few days; yet, the same day played out in the same way in this hell hole they called a school. Because of how I reacted to this school later I learned that I developed emetophobia. The fear of me getting sick or other people getting sick around me. This phobia stayed with me until my adulthood. When I finally told my mother about my experience in that school, she felt so bad. If I think you look sick, I could be on a train, I'm getting off and waiting for the next one. Mothering my kids when they were sick was so hard. My mother helped me a lot. But, thanks to them, they fixed me right up good. You know how kids are always getting sick. I have my moments. But, it's not as bad as it used to be. I used to dream about people getting sick around me every night. My nightmares were intense as a child. Yeah. Cool stuff, right. 

I can go on and on about my weird issues. But, yeah, I tried to think of another day in elementary. But, there is none. I had no friends because I was always changing schools. I remember no faces, teacher's names or classmates. It's a blur. I hate that. But, it is what it is. Things get better in middle school. Well, it may have something to do with there only being one middle school in my town to attend. 

10 people feelin' some type of way:

Mahoganydymond™ said...

awwwwwwwwwww!! Well I am glad you never got sick..

Thee_Kween said...

Chile...I almost got sick thinking about it. If I HEAR somebody calling Hurl...*mmph*

*runs*

Divaprocessor said...

Ummm Yeah interesting Blog BE..The only thing I can relate to in this story is the changing of schools...But the vomiting part UGH...

No Labels said...

aww...man, it sucks you had to be surrounded by all that sick. ((hugs))

Unknown said...

Poor BE!! *Hugs then sprays Lysol*

BE Lauriette said...

so of course.. as soon as I posted this like two other memories I could have posted instead of this shit..lol

ABoyd378 said...

Ummmm.... YEAH.

Now THIS is what I call a Unique Memory.

Now I am hungry for some odd reason (NOT for what you spoke on; I am Strange to where I can hear a story like that or worse, and get hungry afterwards... lol).

I too, am happy that you did not get Sick in all of that Crazy.

As the Budda Flows said...

just finished eating a shrimp po'boy and i read this post thank goodness for Vernors lol *exit*

BE Lauriette said...

I warned y'all..LOL

Reggie said...

They should have fired everyone who worked in that school cafeteria.