3/18/2013

In Time


#17- a day where you helped someone in a big way


This challenge today makes me feel uncomfortable in a couple of ways. First of all, I can't say that I can pinpoint a day I really helped someone in a big way. Second of all, I have ways that I'm willing to help others and ways I refuse to budge. I don't have a problem with giving of money, if I'm able to do it. I must be moved to do so. That comes easier for me. I won't speak about what I've done for others financially, because it just doesn't make me feel right. Weird, right? 

Now, I have a problem with giving of my time. I'm a bit selfish when it comes to free time. Okay, I'm very selfish when it comes to time and giving attention to situations. I don't have an abundance of free time that I can spend with myself, so I have been known to be shady about showing up, by way of, making phone calls, text messages, showing to engagements, etc. I carry on sometimes like we are in a real life "In Time" movie situation. Like I'm being asked to literally pull the time out of my veins. If you haven't seen that movie, please do. Talk about profound and thought provoking. Whew. This is an area I have to work on. I know that. God ain't finish with me yet and thangs of that nature. 

Believe me when I tell you. If I show up in your life in any way, I love yo ass..LOL

(btw, I'm broke at the moment. just thought I would put that out there..LOL)

6 people feelin' some type of way:

The God'ess said...

Damn...and I was about to ask you to let me hold something.

Thee_Kween said...

lmfao @ Ms. God'ess!!

Yea...I was gonna ask for 5 spot. lol

BE Lauriette said...

Maria beat you to it...

No Labels said...

lol..it's hard for me to find time for myself, yet I'm more prone to give it others; guess I have a tiny bit of the opposite problem going on.

ABoyd378 said...

*nodding*

Reggie said...

I feel you.

I volunteer once a month to feed the homeless. I've been doing that for years.