#6- the day you first held a job
The first job I held was a temporary position. I was given this position through a temp agency called Career Blazers. I wonder if they are still in business. Well, anyway, I provided secretarial assistance to one of the directors of a non-for-profit organization. Boy, did this woman hate my guts.
Where did I get this idea? Well, my desk was located right outside her office door. On this particular day, she gave me an assignment. I did a lot of data entry. Why did this woman come out of her office and say to me, "could you please stop typing like that?!" Say what? She was annoyed with the way I typed. I don't know. How do you silent type? Yeah. She had me up in her office constantly bitching about my work. What a nightmare. You know you are working for satan's child when co-workers stop by to check on you periodically during the day saying stuff like, "how's it going?"... "is there anything I can do to help?" O_O in the most concerned way.
The other thing I hated about this job was that it was located in the Times Square area. It would take, NO lie, a good 10 minutes just to walk from the building to the train station which was only like 2 blocks away. I wanted to clock a tourist upside the head everyday because they would stop in the middle of the sidewalk to take pictures or to have a group meeting. MOVE!!! Forget about it if MTV decided to throw one of their street concerts. They were located like 3 doors down. The crowd would be standing still. So frustrating. Y'all know I loves me some music, but I'm not trying to hear not being able to get home at 5:00 after a long day of work. A chick was tired. I couldn't wait to be reassigned to another temp position.
But, yeah, that was like my first official job. One good thing happened there, though. I was inspired to right this short story, check it out here > blog.
The other thing I hated about this job was that it was located in the Times Square area. It would take, NO lie, a good 10 minutes just to walk from the building to the train station which was only like 2 blocks away. I wanted to clock a tourist upside the head everyday because they would stop in the middle of the sidewalk to take pictures or to have a group meeting. MOVE!!! Forget about it if MTV decided to throw one of their street concerts. They were located like 3 doors down. The crowd would be standing still. So frustrating. Y'all know I loves me some music, but I'm not trying to hear not being able to get home at 5:00 after a long day of work. A chick was tired. I couldn't wait to be reassigned to another temp position.
But, yeah, that was like my first official job. One good thing happened there, though. I was inspired to right this short story, check it out here > blog.


6 people feelin' some type of way:
chile, she was CRAZY! She was so stressed. I just know she had a heart attack or something. You can't let work get you like that.
That woman had ish-damn-ues, I tell you!
YEP!
yeah i hope you didnt have to stay there long...and who complains about great typing skills and speed. Bish-boo-bye
She would have got Got by Me if she complained about my clickety-clacking.... lol!!
We find inspiration in the strangest places.
Post a Comment