3/16/2013

you came out of my vagina...

#16- the day of a child's birth (family or close friends apply)


It was a snowy winter day in January. Early on in my pregnancy, I had to come to grips with the fact that my son would be a capricorn. *sigh* A reality I'm dealing with still to this day. Anyway, a week before my doctor suggested that I have some sex to aid in my son coming sooner, because he was already a week over due. That happened and it helped. I started to have contractions. At the time, I lived 2 blocks from the hospital, so my son's father walked me to the hospital because I thought the walk would help. It was snow blizzard like outside. 


Once at the hospital, they started me on pitocin to strengthen my contractions. I can't remember when my water broke. I think it was leaking and they had to break it for me. I was able to get an epidural, I was so happy about that. Soon after I was able to take a nap. I woke to intense contractions and a strong urge to push. I told my son's father to get the nurse because I couldn't control my need to push. Like 10 minutes later my son, Darius, made his appearance. I didn't care at the time, but my son's father was all in between my legs. I still feel some type of way about that. o_O Dude, wasn't catching my baby. The doctor let him cut the umbilical cord. My mother was there as well to support me. 


When he came out he was silent. They had to tap his feet for like 5 minutes until he got annoyed and started to cry. Yeah, they don't smack ass anymore. They tap the bottom of the feet until the poor kid gets so annoyed that they cry. The next day they were already talking about my discharge papers. Wait. What?! Can a chick get a nap first? Wow. 


Today, our relationship is going through the dreaded teenager trial. We ain't cool like that no mo. Basically, he thinks that he knows how to manage his life. Sometimes I have to remind him that he came out of my vagina, so he can't tell me anything about life. He looks a lot older than 14 years old and he believes when people say to him that he looks 18 years old. I've even had to check adult females AND males in the street because they are trying to holla. "Ummm.. he is ONLY 14 years old, calm your privates down folks!!!!" 


I only had natural child birth with my son. Natural in the sense that I didn't get cut.They call it a VBAC, vaginal birth after caesarian. I was so proud that I was able to do that. I've experienced both sides of birth. Darius is the one that I had to work for. With my oldest son, they had to put me under due to complications. With my daughter, I had a c-section as well, but I was awake. You would think that I would be REAL close to this one. He is a big fat headache. But, he is still my baby boy.




The pic at the top was taken at Walt Disney World. He did everything with that bobo. He talked, smiled, cried, and he even ate with the bobo. He would chew food and then suck his bobo and then chew some more. It was real.

The pic at the bottom was taken last year. He aight. Somebody better tell him something. 

5 people feelin' some type of way:

Thee_Kween said...

Awwww, him was too cute w/the bobo bestie. lol

He actually looks like you in that bottom pic.

As the Budda Flows said...

handsome fella...i got one too ill pray for ya sis

ABoyd378 said...

Definitely got his Momma's Eyes... :-D

No Labels said...

I agree with Drew. :)

Reggie said...

He's a handsome kid.

I've seen the "miracle" of birth twice, I could do without seeing it again.