6/07/2009

Flawed from the Gate - 1/23/09 12am rant

It amazes me how some folk are so good at “reading” others. What is this reading I speak of? Reading is the act of analyzing, pointing out imperfections, and/or the so-called secret agenda of others. This act can be a positive thing. At times we are too engrossed in our whole lives that we need someone to come along and set us straight. However, there are those that are SO open to telling it like it is concerning YOU. But, this judgment is flawed from the gate. Why? Because those imperfections they see in you are merely a reflection of them. Not only are they present in the judger, but they are that much more prevalent. That is why they can see them in others. Which pretty much means, this person is self centered…lol They are looking at you but they don’t see you..oh no no no..all they see is themselves. Wow! Now, don’t get me wrong. Some of those closest to us will tell it like it is because they know we need to hear it. It is done out of love for us. A true love will teach and show you the error of your way. They won’t do it in such a way that is hurtful or unconcerning.


Sometimes my own reading of others is flawed from the gate. Let me explain. I find it disgusting when I see high levels of sensitivity in others. It rubs me the wrong way. It almost makes me feel uncomfortable to be around it. Why? I’m uncomfortable because it hits home with me. It’s almost like I feel others can see me through the other person displaying this behavior. Deep right? Yes, sometimes those so-called flaws we see in others are blared so bright that we can hardly take it to deal with them. Ok, Joy what are you talking about? Ahh…get to the point…ok, ok..LOL


Because I know that I can be very sensitive, I approach others that possess the same thing like I have no right. And in a way, I don’t have the right. Who am I to point out sensitivity or any other trait in others that may be more excessive in me? However, I could be the perfect person to point it out to help them get past it because I’ve already faced that battle and won. Ok, stop right there…. Let me say that again. I can help someone with issues that I’ve already battled and won; but for those issues that I’m still tackling, I need to shut the hell up. Feel me?!


Now, peoples…I know it’s hard when others attack you on a personal level. Sometimes that attack will make you lose sight of what is really going on. Get this? When someone is constantly trying to read you and make you feel like crap because of your imperfections, take a breather. Then after you get some air, gain some sight and see where the criticism is coming from. Believe me I know how annoying it is to have some clueless lost soul running around with their own book on lock down. They haven’t opened up their own book in years; refusing to read their own shit. So this leaves them with all the time in the world to read yo shit….*smh* Man I tell you… If you come across one of these types and you know they are not being genuine…tell them something like this….


If you don’t like what you are reading, get out of my book; open up your own book and get to reading, analyzing…matter of fact study that shit…


I’m done..because I can go on and on….

5 people feelin' some type of way:

Caprice Starbrite said...

PREACH IT!! Been there...done that

Thee_Kween said...

THATS RIGHT MAMA! *lmao* You was like, "Get out of my book, open up your own and read it...study it!"

HAHAHAA

You're so right though. I make it a point (as you know) when I'm talking to folks that I let them know, "I'm teaching/helping me too...I'm fucked up" LMAO...but, folks need to quit it with the random readings. You ain't Ms Cleo dude.

♥ CG ♥ said...

Yep, I totally understand. It's not easy, but I've learned to assess what's really going on by looking at the whole picture. I've come to realize that often harsh words are really more about someone's misery rather than you. And, like you said, some folks see things in you that are familiar....that's on them because I'm perfect...lol

BE Lauriette said...

Thanks so much ladies for coming through.

@Caprice: Hallelujah!!! GLORAYYYY!!!

@Kiwi: That's RIGHT!! Random readings...I like that there..LOL

@CurvyGurl: You perfect too huh?! LOL But accessing the whole picture is key. So true.

Divaprocessor said...

You know what my page title is..MY inner thoughts for me..I am a lesson in process of learning..and as I do this I will teach what I know as I grow..you keep doing what is best for you BE and others that are true to your cause will follow..Some books are to be lefted open and some are best shut closed..