12/06/2010

The Joy Show




"The Truman Show" is one of those movies I'm constantly comparing my life to because I really think I'm important enough to have my own show. HA! Just kidding... To make a long story short, Truman was born into a play play world created for a hit television show. All of the people in his world were actors and actresses. Yes, he lived in a real life yet fake world much like a bubble. This continuous happy bubble laced with fear was established in order to control his adventurous spirit. Overall, he lived what we like to call the "American Dream". However, in the end, his spontaneous existence amongst scripted commercially driven skits helped reveal the real scheme. They had every moment planned out. Where did they go wrong? Well, true love along with his ability to dream proved to be the end of his happy scripted fake life for other people's amusement.



Photobucket



Photobucket


We all have those moments when you think the universe is working together to drive you crazy. This morning on the #4 train, I stopped in my tracks. I had to take a moment to look around slowly at every face just to make sure people were not staring at me to see the amazing facial expression plastered on my face. Today is the first day we sign-in and out at work. Yep, my employer got us feeling like factory workers. If we log in late, we are docked for every minute. UGH! Before we submitted paper time sheets with dignity. I guess the higher ups got wind of this and didn't feel the gap of our peasantry so they had to find a way to establish the hierarchy system. So now we have to sign-in via the internet from our desktop computers at work every start of the day and end of the day.


Back to this train scene that almost made me cuss random folk OUT. So, I'm chilling on the train sitting there feeling all good because I made good time by getting to the train station on time ONLY to get PISSED between 86th and 59th streets. How did the passenger two trains ahead know to get SICK the first day of my online factory clock in?? HOW?? Who is running this thing??? How do we know there is REALLY someone sick at 42nd street?? Where is the proof?? If yo ass is sick, STAY OFF THE FUCKING TRAIN!!! IT'S SIMPLE. CAB IT TO THE E.R. DAMMIT!!!!! I sat there stuck for 20 minutes straight thinking about how much I hate the #4 train, the conductor, Mike Bloomberg and his NYCMTA cronies and the SICK passenger...yeah, they can get it TOO!


Even if this life of mine belongs to some successful television show, why are they only interested in seeing me stressed the fuck out??? Who is producing this monstrosity? Who? Let me at em! I want OUT! TECH SUPPORT! Okay, I'm done cussing and ranting. But, am I the only one that gets that eerie feeling like your life is rigged to make you do the jig for someone else's entertainment?

Can I just chit chat with the writers of my show for a spell? I have some ideas of how this thing (my life) should be run and believe me it will be a smoother sail. The weekend writers were on point this go round. I was able to spend much needed quality time with my boo and we did some thangs, slept, ate *smile* and then did some more thangs. However, we need to hire better Monday writers; they suck like disgruntled employers docking pennies from employees in the lowest paying factories.


Like Truman, no one can control my mind, body and soul. Even if this life is a show, I'm unscripted mofos. STOP PLAYING WITH ME and let me out this bubbledome! Btw, do I get a check for all my wiping, cussing, screaming and believable happy faces displayed? o_O


Photobucket



9 people feelin' some type of way:

Thee_Kween said...

Alrighty! WOW. I've heard you say this before...can't say I've never felt like that. I tend to think someone is filming me. I wonder if there are cameras in the ceiling fan or the shower head. Yea. I've had those moments...

*woosah*

BE Lauriette said...

Girl.. welcome to "the joy show" .. smh.. why me girl?? why me??

Roscoe's Broken Wings & Things said...

Weekend writers do rock... especially when they write in Eggs, Hash Browns, and Sausages :-)


hopefully the Tuesday writers will work out the bugs Boo

As the Budda Flows said...

*side eye* I always think some one playing games with m life...up and down see-sawing and when its good its good when its bad...ya know. i'm glad your able to verbalize your "Joy Show" i swear i see eye to eye with you.

BE Lauriette said...

@Roscoe: Those Tuesday writers best come correct!! for real!

@Budda: Girl!!! Sometimes I'm like oh hell no!!!! FIX THIS SHOW!! LOL

Alovelydai said...

Sorry about your sorry Monday writers but it makes for a great post. I laughed 'til I choked. I have made so many Truman Show references that a few of my coworkers had to buy the movie just so they can understand where I'm coming from. And every friggin time I'm stuck in traffic or detoured b/c some idiot crashes on a perfect sunny day I scream to the director/producer/mastermind in the big fake moon in the sky. Yup I need therapy.

Primaldata said...

Nah probably not for the day to day to work right, ya gotta be peasant like. Barely making it but happy for "the next day and a chance to do it better"

Somedays yeah it seems like life has a camera trained on me, but personally I just wanna see the damn blooper reel let me in on the damn joke I wanna laugh too, why can't I get a chuckle or two in?

Fuck it I probably piss my writers off on the daily I'm always off script and I'm known to say whatever whenever. They know they still love me otherwise they would have quit FUCKING WIT ME by now.

(I sent this hours ago but seems I can't reply to blogs in bloggers native like I can disqus

BE Lauriette said...

@Dai: They must do better or better yet pick another day. Okay, I take that back but you know what I mean. I love "The Truman Show". I cry every time I watch it..especially when he realizes he was trapped in a bubble. *sigh* I need therapy too girl. Thanks so much for reading.

@Primaldata: Off script is the way to be. I gotta keep em guessing. My writers and viewers must love me miserable. I need them all to get laid..LOL

As the Budda Flows said...

Lol @Primal and the blopper reel