A thicker skin is what I seek but I know that in order to attain mental toughness I must get punched some more in the gut by life. The woman you see before you today is definitely not the same as that 15 year old new New Yorker from Selma, Alabama. I'm still mastering the art of making insults and hurtful words roll off my back like they say we should. I have a long way to go. There are still a lot of things that will penetrate. I hate that people can leave scars on my heart. I hate being so sensitive in a hard place where one must rely heavily on mental toughness, not allowing words or even actions to deter you from completing life's mission. You will be amazed at the things I remember and other things I can't remember. Basically, I'm a walking open wound. The healing is impaired due to the same area getting bruised by the same words or tactics. People in my life know my weakness and arm themselves with salt to throw at me whenever they need to vent or get back at me. Anything involving my kids is a sore spot. My overweight body is a sore spot. My single motherdome of three from three men is a sore spot. No matter how much I toughen up my spirit or give myself pep talks, the mean words always find a way to my soft heart. I hate it.
My sensitivity grows branching out causes other aspects of my life to suffer. My sensitive overly emotional state leaves me second guessing myself at every turn, crippled in the decision making area; overall this softness makes me indecisive in all my ways. Being delicate or fragile is cool only if you are only exposed to those that love you and even then you are liable to get hurt unintentionally. Sensitivity is not respected on any level. Society can merely hiccup and I'm already churning in pain. I know you are like .. wth! You may not notice if you are not looking intently. In order to keep my head up, I offset this sensitivity by beckoning my acting skills. I'm really good.. like in an Edward Norton "Primal Fear" type way. You should see me at my job. They know nothing of my sensitive shell. I'm giving it to them raw, doggie style. I don't play games. You know what they say..sometimes you gotta fake it until you make it. I can go on and on. Now let me go worry about how this blog will be received and try not to get my feelings hurt when I don't get any comments. smh Pray for me, y'all.
6
people feelin' some type of way:
Brother Oddi-C
said...
The drawback with a thick skin is that you risk becoming too insensitive if it's too thick. The line is hard to walk.. I think your sensitivity is wonderful, though
I had to "girl BOOM" you...just b/c I know you like it! LOL
I'd rather you be sensitive than an asshole. Eventually, after a little coaxing and talk...you regain your footing. You can't help it mama...you're a slave to your Cancer and that dang Moon...but it's why I love you! :)
Its called having a heart...I also was a "push over" as my sis would call it. I've developed a protective cover that is resistant to bullshit. I think you a wonderful lady. Sounds like folks judgement shouldn't influence how u feel about you. I'm rambling but I think that hard shell won't be a good look for u.
This is your makeup of who you are! We all have a sensitive side but from what I read, you're underestimating yourself. You already know what to do! Be...BE!!
Our signs are connected..they are both the sign of water...which means..we feel..we love..we cry...we hurt..we are passionate..we are committed..we are loyal..we are sensitive..and I would not trade that for anything in the world..embrace who you are because he would not have us in any other way...at times it may seems this sensitive emotion is weak..when honestly..it is strength..it is easy to play a hard ass..but try showing real emotions..that shows how strong you are..
Everything is going well..
-
I thought about how I don't update much any more. I think Facebook has
taking so much from the blogging community.
Me and the guy I started back seeing is ...
Second verse same as the first or..
-
The OPEN Beta for Anthem just started Feb 1st, so of course I am playing
that too. as my first thoughts post just dropped I will also be getting
into what ...
After The Kidney Transplant
-
* *Not for those with a weak stomach**
You may think “Yay! She got a transplant, everything is back to normal!”.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Y...
pussy hunters
-
men fall in love, too
trip, slip and splat...
right into the heart
of a woman's thighs...
this isn't LOVE love
this is mmm love
lust love
fuck love
touch...
F.A.T: Fat And Taunted
-
I went to bed with this on my mind and the moment I woke up and saw pics
from last night's Oscars...it hit me again.
Last night I saw something so ugly...
MUSIC: AfroPunk Weekend in Brooklyn
-
The Skins @ Afropunk
This past weekend at Commodore Barry Park in Brooklyn marked the sixth
year, long awaited, 2-day *Afropunk Festival* (August 24th ...
time for a move!
-
hi! *waving excitedly* thank you for following me on my sassyness, but i am
no longer here..
please migrate over to lalaardor.blogpsot.com and converse wit...
THE SINGER’S CRESCENDO - FINALE
-
Still staring at them with thoughts invading my mind, THE MANAGER said, ‘*I
need to ask you something.*’ With my senses playing tricks on me, I was
hoping...
A LOVE LETTER TO, MY LOVE
-
I write this letter to you, my love, because I know you are out there.
Here I exclaim my woes and thoughts to you because I need for you to see me
tru...
6 people feelin' some type of way:
The drawback with a thick skin is that you risk becoming too insensitive if it's too thick. The line is hard to walk.. I think your sensitivity is wonderful, though
I had to "girl BOOM" you...just b/c I know you like it! LOL
I'd rather you be sensitive than an asshole. Eventually, after a little coaxing and talk...you regain your footing. You can't help it mama...you're a slave to your Cancer and that dang Moon...but it's why I love you! :)
Its called having a heart...I also was a "push over" as my sis would call it. I've developed a protective cover that is resistant to bullshit. I think you a wonderful lady. Sounds like folks judgement shouldn't influence how u feel about you. I'm rambling but I think that hard shell won't be a good look for u.
Thanks babe. It always seems that those with the thick skin get ahead faster .. fearlessly.
@Kiwi: That damn horoscope. Yep, I can't help it girl. Thanks for putting up with me. Love you.
@Budda: It probably wouldn't be a good look for me. Sometimes my hurt feelings need a break. Thanks for coming through and blessing my blog.
This is your makeup of who you are! We all have a sensitive side but from what I read, you're underestimating yourself. You already know what to do! Be...BE!!
Our signs are connected..they are both the sign of water...which means..we feel..we love..we cry...we hurt..we are passionate..we are committed..we are loyal..we are sensitive..and I would not trade that for anything in the world..embrace who you are because he would not have us in any other way...at times it may seems this sensitive emotion is weak..when honestly..it is strength..it is easy to play a hard ass..but try showing real emotions..that shows how strong you are..
Post a Comment