
13: A band or artist that gets me through tough days (write a letter)
I struggled with how I would approach this blog for 2 days. Finally today it hit me. Everyone knows I love music just like everybody else. I have to listen to it everyday. No matter the mood I'm in I always have a song to give me exactly what I need. Anyone that knows me, knows I take music very seriously. At the end of the day, it's not a game. There are many songs, artists, bands and such that are on constant replay on my ipod or itunes from both the secular and nonsecular music worlds. I decided to devote this blog to Richard Smallwood & Vision.
Dear Mr. Smallwood,
During the times I feel like I'm far away from God and His favor, your music kept me close to Him like a vessel allowing me to rest in Him. I thank God for blessing you with such genius musical talent to produce, arrange and write such beautiful music that allows those of us that are out of touch with God to reconnect with Him.
I'm so glad I was able to see you and Vision live in concert twice when you came to Harlem. After a very tiring concert, you even allowed me and my mom a chance to take a picture with you. If I had to choose which song I loved the most it would have to be "Nothing Without Your Love"; however, "Your Love Divine" does come in at a very close second place. Bless the day you picked these young ladies to be a part of Vision. Their voices touch my heart and bring out of me that much needed ugly cry. Even right now as I type this letter, I'm listening to Vanessa sing her heart out right now and my tears want out. No lie, I need God to send His love divine. Many of my friends may not know about your musical ministry and I hope this blog letter will win them over as fans. What else can I say? Even my mother sings the lead part of your "Angels" song at her church by request (yeah, she got it like that). Many times I worship with you and Vision even when I don't go to church.
My whole family has been blessed by your gifts from the Almighty God. Please continue to allow God to work through you.
Love,
Joy
P.S. Please know I didn't forget "Thank You"... that song right there.. that song right there yo.. all I can say is .. GLORAYYY!!!!!!!
_______________________
Before you go please check out a couple of the songs I mentioned. Don't hesitate going to youtube to check out this man's beautiful talent.
"Nothing Without Your Love"
"Your Love Divine"

2 people feelin' some type of way:
YOU DID IT!! Wonderful!! I feel like a chump now. LOL Now that YOU'VE captured it...I got that ONE in my head. *smh @ self*
I fell in love with "Center of My Joy" when I was a teen. I would sit there in the house by myself, play that record, sing and cry. I TOTALLY feel Mr. Smallwood's gift. Good job, sis. :)
Oh, what hit me was the song I sang in church by Milton Brunson and the Thompson Community Choir..."For The Good Of Them"...***saaaang Kimmy*** lol
Believe me, it wasn't easy. But, I had to give Richard props. "Center of My Joy" is a beautiful song too. His music really helps you to get connected and purge pain at the same time.
Post a Comment