3/02/2011

Truth Day 26: Everyday




26: Have I ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?

I think about giving up everyday. It's just a thought. The frustration of it all gets to me. They say: "The more things change; the more they stay the same." What a true statement. There are times I think I'm making progress and other times I'm just standing still. It's not like I want to give up because I'm a quitter; it's because I want rest. This is a tough time in my life. I see some wonderful things on the horizon but it's so far away. So yeah, I will admit it...sometimes I want to put down this life in order to rise up on the other side basking in my eternal rest. Don't get  your panties/boxers in a bunch. I'm not going anywhere unless the good Lord calls me home. But, I won't lie..I think about the end often.




I'm a movie buff in the sense that once I find a movie that inspires me, touches me and/or teaches me something; I refer to them all the time. "Cast Away" is one of them. This man was stuck on this island alone. He survived a plane crash and the tide pulled him in to a life of loneliness. After learning his fate, he wanted to give up, but he weighed his options and the stats were not in his favor. He realized that if he attempted to kill himself, he could fail and end up suffer greatly. Everyday he spent on that island he struggled to survive. Faith and hope kept him alive to see his blessing tide arrive. He didn't know how he was going to get off the island, but he had hope that he would one day be reunited with his love. Faith is the hope and belief in things not seen; not knowing what is lurking around the corner.








His blessing tide in the form of a sail took him out to sea where he was finally rescued right when he was about to give up. You may find more obstacles and heartache here on earth..yes. I think it's worth the wait to live the best you can while you wait for your blessing tide to give you rest.

1 people feelin' some type of way:

Thee_Kween said...

The "joy" is being able to say, "I'm still here"...as long as we can say that...we haven't given up quite yet.