7/30/2011

Nook 'n' Crumbs



14~ Recreate your most romantic date (a real one)...

I'm so out of touch with what's romantic, I had to look up the word. This would be my ideal romantic date. Before I get into this, I want to offer a peace offering for my hardcore paper/hardcover book lovers that will NEVER EVER EVER EVER forsake paper turning for the button clicks in the NOOK world. Hopefully, the pic of the little Danbo above honoring REAL book reading will make you guys smile. Side note: I love Danbo's btw...LOVE!!!! I think they are SO adorable.. Anyway..


My romantic date would be cheap, simple, noninvasive, light and friendly. I know, I know..it doesn't sound very romantic, but even this innocent date set up is reaching for me right now. Currently, I'm having a seat because my good girl seems to be either attracting crazies or creating crazies. Either way, like my Kiwi would say, I'm taking like 3 seats right now until further notice. (NOT RECEIVING ANY APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME) For this challenge, my date would be full of cupcakes, nook e-lending, cafes and smiles.

We would meet up at a Crumbs shop near my home. I would have on my favorite outfit; jeans, a cute top, and sandals. Comfort is key. I've never been the type of girl to be impressed with fancy restaurants. The environment would only make me feel uncomfortable. In order to really loosen up and chat, we need to be in nonthreatening surroundings, in my opinion. We order our favorite cupcake. Then we would have a choice of two places to munch on our cupcakes; the crumbs shop or the barnes and noble cafe up the block. Me personally, I would pick the barnes and noble cafe. Since my date would have to be a  NOOK man (Amazon Kindle supportin' dudes..not feeling you..j/k) we can lend each other books. This way we are inviting each other into our intimate reading world. Sexy. We speak of no serious topics really...you know the ones like...religion, politics, exes, careers..yeah, we are just friends. After our long conversations about books, nooks, our hobbies. etc...it would be nice if he walked me home before the street lights come on. Romantic, right? lol We thank each other for the relaxing quality time and hug one another (the shady grandma hug.. the one where you pat the person on the back.. yeah, that one..lol). 

The End.


Wait.. I think it would really be romantic if my date sent me home with a $100 Crumbs gift card so I can go on more romantic dates with whomever I choose. :) Nice. Right? More cupcakes and NOOK lending.. Owww!

0 people feelin' some type of way: