13~ Do you believe in unconditional love?
Yes, I believe in unconditional love. Even though I believe in it, I feel we are not capable of displaying it. Well, let me speak for myself. I am not capable. I love but the recipient of my love can't treat me any kind of way. If they cross a certain line, even I'm not sure where that line resides, I can't love them up close. And there is the condition that shouldn't be in unconditional love.
Today, people are judgmental and very unreasonable when it comes to love. And I can understand why we have to be more cautious when it comes to managing our hearts and lives. The condition to my love is simple. If you get on my nerves to the point where I feel like I'm losing it or the roller coaster is making me sick to my stomach; my love will be loving from a distance. Don't make me go ape shit crazy while loving ya and we'll be good.
My kids love me unconditionally until society gives them the list of so-called traditional loving things moms should be doing. We are all shaped by the society we live in. It's not an easy task to shelter children from the world. Once they get a taste of the world, they start sizing up your love up against all types of influences all around. All of a sudden the love you have is not enough. All of a sudden the same love you've given from day one is lacking. Don't get me started on the parent to parent love fight. When you have kids that live with two different parents and they play each one against each other.
Will the love still be there when the bills are not getting paid? Will the love still be there when your kids steal from you? Will the love still be there when mental stability is an issue? Will the love still be there if they harm you? Will the love still be there if your dearest friend betrays you? Will the love still be there when the court system gets involved? Basically, the more the world invades our lives the more this unconditional love will continue to be damn near impossible. But, still possible. So, yes, I believe, but, I need to do better.


2 people feelin' some type of way:
Interesting post mama and very valid points!
I have to say that I do believe in unconditional love and I do have my limits as well. I sometimes think when it comes to the way I love and the things I have dealt with when it comes to relationships I have wondered in my past/present "am I crazy" for loving the one I love after all he has put me through but then I remember why I fell in love with him to begin with and I just pray and put it in God's hands and just let things go as he see's fit... They say God is Love and Love is God and God is uncondtional in any way, shape, or form and I believe in God so I guess I believe in Uncontional Love as well...
Post a Comment