Forced to relate
Forced to be cordial
Forced to give your mental space away
Forced to turn the other cheek from the hate
Forced to endure the mediocre daily exchange
Forced to lie about being happy to wake up; still here, breathing, living
Force fed a life created from ignorance not knowing how crucial every step would
be for the future
Forced to find the motivation to create something beautiful from a sad place
Forced to fight for your right to be an individual
Forced to eat the life you cooked with an amateur’s intuition
Forced to look into empty, tired, sad eyes void of life and lie, saying: I love you - I like you - you are
worthy - you are beautiful”
Forced to speak when you have nothing to say
Forced to smile because your emoji straight face makes other humans quake
Forced to hide the emotional turbulence roaring underneath the surface
Forced to pretend not to feel anything in a world that gives no fucks
Forced to act like the tear’s culprit is seasonal allergies while on display
Forced to listen to lame stories about grandkids, rockstar weekends, and other amazing shit you could give two shits about
Forced to be the responsible adult in a world full of derelicts
Forced to work for the greater good of us all; because if you don't work .. they don't eat
Forced to say 'Good Morning' when the only reason you are even awake, working, is to not feel guilty when you sleep
Everything is going well..
-
I thought about how I don't update much any more. I think Facebook has
taking so much from the blogging community.
Me and the guy I started back seeing is ...
6 years ago

2 people feelin' some type of way:
I'm feeling some kinda way (as your comment section suggests) ...this sounds like modern day oppression. :(
It is oppression. @Thee_Kween
Post a Comment